Fighting

Okay there's no way that's a coincidence, Hermione thought.

She had noticed over the past couple of months how Scorpius Malfoy no longer looked at her. It wasn't a big deal on its own. Except the way he did it—he pointedly didn't look at her. In class, he kept his eyes on the blackboard, even when answering a question. He was absolutely doing it on purpose because every now and then she'd catch him looking at her and he'd swiftly avert his gaze elsewhere—continuing his efforts to not look at her.

Since today's class started, Hermione had caught Scorpius looking at her four times already. Each time he looked away immediately. But instead of the flush that would crawl up his face back when he was besotted with her, his countenance was full of tension. She'd bet anything it had to do with her and Draco.

So he knows.

She tried to fight the smile on her face. Yes, it complicated matters because she was his teacher and Scorpius no doubt felt a tad awkward at being taught by his father's girlfriend. But on the other hand, it meant that Draco told him.

He's serious about me.

She remembered the conversation the two of them had a month ago while laying in bed.

"So...I've been wondering. Are we still 'discreet'? Or will you tell your son about us?"

Draco shifted and pulled her closer to him. "Of course I'll tell him. But not just yet, if that's alright with you."

Hermione worried her bottom lip a bit. "He's your son. You decide when."

He looked at her curiously. "Does it bother you that he doesn't know?"

She shrugged. "It's not really my place to be bothered."

He kissed her shoulder. "That's not fair. It's your relationship as much as mine. Of course you don't want to hide."

She beamed at him. "You're right. I don't like hiding."

He tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I just would prefer to wait until...you and I are...you know?"

"Serious."

He nodded. "Not that I'm not serious in my intentions. I don't take this lightly, Hermione. But you and I need some time to settle into each other and be a couple."

"I understand."

He kissed her cheek. "When you and I reach that threshold, I won't be able to tell him fast enough. I promise."

She tried to suppress the part of her that wanted to squeal with glee.

Angel-Hermione: No need to get carried away. Better to focus on the task at hand--educating the future of wizarding Britain. Scorpius is obviously uncomfortable. Don't make it worse.

Devil-Hermione: (scoff) Fuck. That. Your boyfriend finally told his son about you. Don't you think this means he lo—

Hermione shut that down quick. She was not "that girl." She was the cool girlfriend who backed off and let Draco handle telling his son about their relationship on his own terms. She trusted him and it paid off. She refused to entertain notions that a certain four letter word wasn't far off now.

Be cool. Everything's going so well.

She smiled. He told Scorpius. That meant something.