Chapter 1

a/n: lauren has male genitalia (g!p/intersex), she's still a female. read at your own risk. i don't want ignorant comments, thank you.

---

Camila Cabello, the new girl in school, junior year in Miami High, 17 years old. This is all the information the class knew as she stumbled through the doors of the room, a panting mess, 4 books in hand and backpack zipper open. It's her first day and she's already embarrassing herself, great. She overslept, as always, not because her alarm didn't work, or because her parents didn't tell her to get up, because they did. She just doesn't have enough strength to. The moving process has been exhausting. She got a random white shirt and threw on some jeans for her first day of school. She hopes she at least looks presentable.

"Is she... okay?" Normani asks, voice down, the whole class has gone silent.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't find the classroom," the girl pants, shoving her books in her backpack.

The professor looks a mixture of surprised and annoyed. She inwardly cringes, she really needs to start going to bed earlier. "I take it you're Camila?" She assumes, and correctly so.

She ignores the room of 30 people looking at her and replies with a steady voice, "Yes, Camila Cabello. Sorry I'm late, I couldn't find the classroom and the school's kind of-"

"It's okay," The teacher cuts her off, "You can go to your seat now, next to Miss Hansen, please." Camila nods and her eyes dart around the room, looking for this Hansen girl, how the hell is she supposed to know who it is if the person doesn't say anything? That's when a tan blonde girl raises her hand, motioning the brunette to come over.

Camila makes her way to her seat, silently analyzing the room and the students. Camila gets to her seat, silently dropping her backpack on the desk and sitting down next to the other girl, who's smiling brightly at her and she immediately smiles back, "Hey, I'm Camila."

"Dinah, nice to meet you," the girl greets, "So, first day uh?"

"Yeah," Camila sighs, leaning back on the chair, "I'm excited, I moved here last week."

"Really? Where did you move from?"

"California," the brunette smiles at the other girl's curiosity. This small conversation is already putting her nerves away. Dinah is about to reply when they're rudely interrupted by the girl sitting behind them.

The Polynesian girl feels a tap on her shoulder, "Can you guys keep it down? I'm trying to pay attention," the girl's raspy voice immediately brings Camila to turn around to see who it came from. Pale skin, green eyes and dark hair, and Camila tries not to stare for too long. The girl looks at her and holds eye contact until Camila eventually clears her throat and turns on her seat, facing the board.

"Sorry, she's kind of annoying," Dinah apologizes, whispering.

"I can hear you, D," Lauren whispers back, Dinah only huffing in response.

"Fuck off Lauren," Dinah turns to Camila again, "Anyway, are you single?"

She wasn't expecting her to be so straight-forward right after meeting eachother, but nonetheless,  she answers, "Um, no, I'm seeing someone back in California," she lowers her voice when their teachers glances at her.

Dinah pretends she's writing something down for their teacher and continues talking to the girl next to her, "Really? What's his name?"

"Austin," the Latina smiled at the thought of the boy. They haven't seen eachother since she left California, which was a week ago, they're never away from eachother for long. After 1 year of dating, the long distance relationship they're about to face will be a test to their love. She hopes it works out. Warm spreads throughout her body as the dreamy boy invades her thoughts. She wishes he was here. He's been calling her everyday since, but it's not the same thing.