Down On One Knee

**Not gonna lie, I cried writing the first part of this chapter. This one is a couple pages shorter than normal just because the story is coming to an end. The next chapter uploaded will be the epilogue, which I've just got to put some finishing touches on. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter (minus the first part, but no worries things always work out in the ends). You're welcome for the early update. Monday will be the last chapter ever of LOHO and I think I might cry. Anways, happy reading!**

Troy's POV

Walking into my dorm room, I face planted onto my bed, exhausted after the 7 hour drive back. My suitcase and duffle laid still packed in the middle of the room, but I just couldn't bring myself to put everything away where it goes. I had already helped Aurora move all of her things back in before giving her a kiss goodnight and leaving. Though I wanted to spend the night with her, she kicked me out anyway saying that my roaming hands would never let her get any sleep. She was probably right.

Re-situating myself in my bed so that I was more comfortable, I was hoping Chad would get here soon so that I didn't have to get back up to turn the light off. I got my wish when the door knob started to jiggle just a few minutes later.

"What's up, fuck head? Long time no see." He yelled at me in a playful tone before smacking my leg and throwing his shit on the floor next to mine. Laying down on his unmade bed, he propped his arms under his head before speaking.

"How'd you get my dad's okay to marry Aurora?" He asked incredulously, looking at me with wide, curious eyes.

"Honestly, it wasn't that hard. Your old man likes me more than he likes you." I teased him, dodging the shoe he chucked at me in response.

"He wouldn't even give me his blessing to marry Nicci when I asked." He grumbled as my breath left my lungs in one big whoosh. I sprung upright in bed before staring at him intensely.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I asked, thinking my ears were playing tricks on me.

"Don't give me that look. I know I've always been a player, but I want to settle down with Nicci. She's perfect for me and I'm perfect for her. Seeing how happy you were with Aurora made me rethink to whole commitment thing, and I realized you were right all along. Coming home to the same woman everyday doesn't seem so bad when it's the right woman. When I picture Nicci being the one I come home to, it makes me excited for the future." He spoke softly, a ghost of a smile on his face as I imagined he was thinking about her in this very moment. A huge smile took over my face as I got up and pulled him into a bear hug.

"I'm so happy for you man! That's incredible! To be honest, I thought you'd end up being the next Hugh Hefner." I joked. "Wait, why did your dad refuse to give you his blessing?" I asked as I lent my body up against his bed. He followed my actions as a stressed look took over his face, instantly causing me to worry.

"Because he thinks the only reason I'm doing it is because she's pregnant." He said with a slight wince. My eyes grew wide once again as my brain registered what he was telling me. I opened and closed my mouth a few times, unsure of what to say to him. "It's not. I know the baby complicates things a little bit, but with our sponsors and everything I know I'll be able to support the three of us. I was going to use the money to pay for my dad's chemo, but...h-he..." He spoke, choking up as he began to cry. Oh no. Pulling him into another hug, I held him tight as he broke down in my arms.

"H-he was told the cancer has just continued to spread a-and they can't operate on it anymore. They only gave him another year to live, maybe three if he continues the chemo." He rasped out between deep sobs. Tears pricked my own eyes as I thought about how hard this was going to be on him. He pulled away and wiped at his eyes before bracing his hands on his knees to catch his breath.