Chapter 37: Our Family

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the new chapter. I hope this one is good too.

Don't forget to vote and comment, I love hearing what you guys have to say.

~HarleyVB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

I watched the warriors sprawl, each of them dodging blows and fighting like they'd done it their whole lives. Danny sat next to me, watching with a smirk as our mates fought, Atticus getting pinned down to the grass as Finn blocked a punch.

"Your man can fight," Danny said with a giggle, taking a sip of tea and leaning back in his seat.

Finn and Clause were both teaching the younger wolves how to fight, starting off with some basic self defense. It was funny watching them struggle to grasp the techniques while the warriors instinctively knew exactly what to do.

"Aren't you going to go learn?" I asked, averting my gaze from the fighting. "It seems like your kind of thing."

Danny shook his head, braiding flowers into a loose bracelet.

"I've tried before. I'm not much of a physical fighter. I use my words to hurt people." he said, lightly punching my shoulder. "Finn doesn't want you over there I assume?"

I sighed and rubbed my temples. We both sat outside of the pack house, sipping tea and eating sandwiches at our newly built picnic table. Finn kept glancing over at me from time to time.

"He's ridiculous sometimes. I should be learning to fight too." I tried not to sound so angry, "He can't always be the one to protect me, I need to know how to take care of myself too."  I glared in Finn's direction, but he was too busy to notice it.

"I can't even imagine Finn saying no to you. He's so smitten, it's crazy." Danny said, waving at Atticus who grinned back and got a fist to his gut while distracted. "Oops,"

I'd confronted Finn about learning to fight a few weeks ago. It was one of the biggest fights we'd ever had. He wouldn't budge on his stance. He didn't want me fighting anyone. Period. It was mostly the fact that when Finn offered to teach me, I told him I would prefer Clause to. I knew that Finn wouldn't be able to teach me to fight, he'd be too worried about pulling his punches and not hurting me. The idea of Clause going anywhere near me made Finn mad as hell, so I dropped it and hadn't brought it up again.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him, though." I murmured, trying to keep the words to myself

Finn jogged over to me, a huge grin on his face as he pressed both hands against the picnic table behind me, pinning me against my seat.