Chapter Twenty

1K reads!

Thank you!

"THERE HAS TO BE A FUCKING THERAPY!" Aaron shouted at Dante who simply stared back at his friend who was throwing around stuff in his office. Aaron had rushed out of the hospital and had ended up coming to his office. He had no clue why. His head was not cooperating. How could Elaine just wipe him out of her brain? How would he live with that?

"Look man, you don't need to be here right now and nor the hospital. Go home and sleep. You haven't slept in three days." Dante tried to reason

The door burst open and Olivia walked in followed by Cecelia.

"Sir, Ms. Miller refused to—"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" Olivia yelled at Aaron. She was in a terrible shape, her hair was piled up in a messy bun and she was in yoga pants and a sweatshirt with no makeup.

"Olivia this is not the time" Dante said. He also motioned to Cecelia, who hurriedly left the office.

"Don't fucking start with me. Get out!" Aaron shot at her.

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME! I AM IN SO MUCH OF SHIT RIGHT NOW JUST BECAUSE OF THE PRESS STATEMENT THAT YOU RELEASED! DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKING CLUE WHAT THAT HAS DONE TO MY IMAGE!!? "

Aaron grabbed the phone and dialed a number.

"Send up security. I need someone removed from my office premises." Aaron said as he leveled a glare at Olivia.

Dante plopped back down on the chair and covered his face with his hands and sighed.

A minute later two security officers walked into the office.

"Gentlemen please escort Ms. Miller to the main doors, respectfully" Aaron said to the guards.

"I am not going anywhere until you tell me why you are trying to ruin the only good thing in my life!" Olivia spat

"You want me to have you thrown out of here? My men are perfectly capable of that as well."

"I am not letting this go Wade. I will make you pay for this"

"Get out Olivia" Dante muttered.

Olivia strode out of the office followed by the guards.

"I am going back to the hospital" Aaron said as he grabbed his suit jacket and walked out, not waiting for Dante to reply.

Elaine was going to be discharged tomorrow and Sam was going to stay with her for the time being. Aaron paused outside her room. How was he going to introduce himself to her? Her boyfriend? Were they there? They hadn't talked about where they stood. He didn't make it for their first date.

Aaron stepped back and walked into the restroom and stared at the mirror. He had bags underneath his eyes and he badly needed to trim his beard. He fixed his dress shirt, removed his tie and rolled his sleeves. He washed his face and fixed his hair.

"Decent enough" Aaron muttered to his reflection and made his way back to Elaine's room. He knocked and entered. Elaine looked at him, giving him a confused look and then looked away. She had just come back from her first session with her therapist.

Elaine watched him enter. Who was and what was he doing here? Her breath sped up and her chest constricted, flashes of man on top of her, forcing him on her made its way into her brain. Elaine scrambled of the bed and cowered against the window.

Aaron froze when he saw her reaction.

"I am not going to harm you..."

"Who are you?" Elaine asked, her voice barely above a whisper

"I am Aaron. We met a few days ago, the day you last remember...before the incident...you remember colliding into someone?" Aaron asked

Elaine remembered running into a man; was he the one who harmed her?

"Did that man...."

"NO NO!" Aaron said hurriedly and stepped towards her. "It was me...you ran into me and then you passed out and I took you to my friend's home, I dropped you off at the hospital next day."

"I can't remember that..." Elaine said in a desperate voice. The last thing she remembered was passing out cold outside the bar. Her therapist said it was her brain protecting her for that night...the night she was raped by her ex fiancée. Franco had raped her. How could she deal with that?

"You got a letter from your brother that day"

Elaine looked up at Aaron. He knew about her brother.

"Where is the letter?"

"I don't know. I also came to the hospital after I dropped you off and then I saw you crying, you were almost delirious, you had just read your brother's letter and then you asked me to take you with me and we went to the hotel..."

"Hotel?" Elaine asked confused. She knew she never walked into a hotel with a strange man.

"I was in between the process of moving, you left the next day and then we had decided to meet again but..."

"That night happened..."

"Yes..." Aaron gulped wondering if he should tell her that the night the rape happened was supposed to be their date night. "We also spent time together at my place."

"We were together?" Elaine asked.

"Yes in a sense. We were enjoying each other's company and that was supposed to be out first official date."

"Did we..."

"Yes..we made love" Aaron said as he stared at her beautiful face. He loved this woman. He was hoping he would know her feelings for him once she woke up but she didn't even remember their time together. He badly wanted to say it to her, that he loved her but this was not the time. Elaine needed a friend by her side and not a lover.

Aaron stepped towards her but she immediately took a step back, a look of sheer fear crossing her eyes.

Elaine felt suffocated. She was with this man, in a relationship but she didn't remember him. She tried hard but she again saw flashes of that night, the panic and the pain and she paled, cold sweat broke out all over her body.

Aaron watched her complexion pale.

"Elaine, are you okay?"

"No, please don't come near me." Elaine just couldn't let him near her. She felt those hands on her, groping her and pinching her and Elaine screamed.

"GO AWAY!" Elaine wailed as she frantically tried to remove those invisible hands from her body.

A nurse followed by Dr. Germann rushed in.

"Mr. Clark, please wait outside."

"What is happening to her?" Aaron watched in despair as the nurse soothed Elaine and pulled her to the bed with Elaine still wearing the spooked expression.

"What did you tell her?" Dr. Germann asked.

"She asked me who I was and about our relation."

"Mr. Clark, I would advise you to tread with caution because right now her mental condition is very unstable and due to what happened to her I don't think she will welcome any male company anytime soon. You should re consider your relation with her for the time being. She will come around when she is ready. She will be discharged tomorrow morning"

Dr. Germann smiled politely and left.

Hell, he would reconsider his relation with her. He was willing to be anything for her, as long as she recovered and got healthy again. He was going to be by her side not matter what.

Please vote and comment!