Chapter 20: My Mei-Mei

In the shadow of the forest, there was 3 dozen men in light armors, all either had swords on their side or arrows on their backs. Many where on magnificent horses that kept perfectly still in the shadows. In the center, closest to the front stood 4 gorgeous young men wearing, gold, dark blue, black, and dark green robe respectively.

"We were almost caught by my mei-mei" The young man wearing dark blue, was none other than Fa Min.

With a relief smile, Fa Min watched as Wei Lan disappeared from the open field.

"Your mei-mei is quite the beauty" The young man in gold said with a smile. "You should have introduced us to her, Min"

"Mei-mei doesn't like strangers." Min snorted. "And I'm not introducing mei-mei to you"

"I'm hurt Fa Min, I thought we were friends"

"Friends or not" Min smirked. "My mei-mei is out of the question"

"Hiding a beauty is such a shame"

"Don't mess with my mei-mei" Min glared.

The men chuckled while holding their hands up -  a sign of surrendering.

"Really, mei-mei really has grown"

Min smiled as he recalled the scene where they saw Yun jumped from the hill with Wei Lan on his back. Wild and free, Wei Lan raised her hands to the sky with her face looking up, eyes closed. Her laughter could be heard in the forest as the group of men quickly stills everything and hid within the shadows to observe the young girl that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

They watched her as she head toward the dead fox. They watched as she shot at the falcons in the sky. They watched as she impressively killed one without hesitation. When Wei Lan jumps down from her horse, they watched as she kept her distant. They watched her smile and talk to the baby fox as if it understood her.

Fa Wei Lan been adorable, charming, lovely, and beautiful. When one of the men accidentally stepped on a branch, Min threw a hard glare at him. With that, the hyper sensitive Yun quickly took notice. Even from a distant, the wild horse could sense something was off. They all froze when Wei Lan sharp eyes stared right at them. Feeling sweats falling from his forehead, Min held his breath as Wei Lan suddenly stepped forward. Thankfully they were saved by the Fa family guard.

Min sighed softly at the memory and was thankful that Wei Lan had left before discovering him and his hunt group. Wei Lan was his precious younger cousin. Since they meet years ago, he has always consider her his own sister. He knew better than anyone else how much grandfather adores this cousin of his. It would be bad if Min carelessly introduce other men without proper setting. His grandfather would scold him and his father would beat him. Min gave another sigh and turned to notice that the young man in black had been quiet -oddly so. The young man in black was well known for his cold and aloof personality, so it had surprised Min to see him still looking at the direction Wei Lan had gone off to. Before Min thought any further, the man in black had already walked away - deeper into the shadow of the forest.