Chapter || 10

I love you so much, and thanks for reading!!!

______________________________

After Hallie spoke, the room went silent.

I looked over at Jace who seemed to be processing what she had just said, and the next thing I knew, Jace knelt down so he was at her height and grabbed her hand. "Hallie," he said gingerly "I made a mistake, I shouldn't have spoken to Lexi that way. But I promise you that I will NEVER be like dad."

Lexi pulled her hand away from Jace and ran to grab my leg. "I want Lexi to take me back to bed." She stated.

Jace's hands fell to his side, and and his eyes startled. "Hal?" He asked pleadingly.

She shook her head at him and buried her face into my leg.

"C'mon Hal, go back to bed." I said, and she ran into her bed.

When I walked out of her room, I saw Jace on the floor with his head in his hands.

I sat down next to him on the wall. "Jace, it's-"

"No Alexis, it's not ok."

"It might not be ok now, but it's going to be." I assured him.

On the contrary to the answer I expected, Jace asked, "Promise?"

"Promise." I sure hoped I was right.

<><><><><><>

The next morning, I woke up with a start. There was a crook in my neck, and I realized I'd fallen asleep next to Jace sitting with my back to the wall. At least someone had given me a pillow.

Last night was rough for all of us, so I called Sebby and asked a favor before I woke Cal and Hal up.

This morning, I knocked on the door. "Cal get up."

"Noooooo." He moaned.

"Cal you better wake the hell up!" I shouted "or no breakfast for you!"

"Fine I'm up, I'm up."

Then I walked to Hallie's room to wake her up.

"Whats for breakfast?" Hal asked as I walked in, already very much awake.

"Something special," I said.

"Special?! What is it?" she asked excitedly.

"Go get dressed and then it'll be here," I said with a smirk. Hal ran over to her closet and took out a blue shirt with a pink skirt and polkadot leggings to wear. I couldn't help but giggle at her outfit selection.

"What?" she asked confused

"I was just admiring the outfit you picked out," I said "We should go shopping sometime so you can pick out some outfits for me."

"Shopping?!" Hallie squealed, "I love shopping!"

I chuckled and then stepped in the hallway, "Come down stairs when you're dressed." I walked down the stairs and then the doorbell rang. I ran over to it and swung the door open only to see Sebby with a Dunkin Donuts bag and two iced coffees. "Thank you Sebby, you're a life saver!!" I led Sebby into the breakfast room and we sat down and sipped on our iced coffee.

"Wheres Jace?"Sebby asked after a minute.

"Im not sure," I sighed. "I-"

I was cut off by the pitter patter of feet coming down the stairs. Both Hallie and Cal were now in the breakfast room a little shocked to see Sebby. "Who's this?" Cal asked. "Are you two dating?"