Chapter Thirteen

Persephone walked out of the Empire State Building, her eyes scanning the streets. She walked over to a hidden alleyway and apparated to the bank. He was still there, cowering in fear. She sighed and bought a hotdog from a nearby vendor, she was planning on being there for a while.

-

The night was approaching quickly and Persephone thought Credence would go back to the orphanage and be fine there. That's what he did before Persephone stepped into his life. But, as she watched him, he started to walk in a different direction.

The girl frowned and quickly followed after him. He looped through alleyways and down streets until he reached the alley next to the Woolworth Building. To say Persephone was confused would be an understatement.

She watched and followed, staring at Credence. Persephone wanted to come forth and hug him tightly, but she was not allowed to. She watched as Percival Graves came out of the shadows. Credence looked scared and frightened, but still approached him knowingly. They talk for a moment, and Credence is scared. His head is hung and he's looking down. Percival is oddly frustrated. It was unlike anything Persephone had seen before. All of a sudden, Graves placed a hand on Credence's shoulder and she felt enflamed. The boy is startled but it it obvious that he felt intrigued. He never had someone act this way toward him. No one except her. Persephone. But, he did not remember her. That was the sad part.

Persephone retreated back, looking out into the nightlife of New York. She was filled with sadness and confusion. What was Percival Graves doing with Credence? He was an auror. It was not like him to interfere with no-majs. Sure, Credence came from a magical family. But, she was so sure he was a squib.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Credence bumped into her as he was walking out of the alley. She gasped and stared at him wide eyed. It was their first interaction since he lost his memory of her.

Credence stared for a moment, analyzing the situation. It melted her heart to see him again. Maybe he remember. Maybe they did not take the memory.

"Sorry," he mumbled and looked down once again. He went on his way and walked down the street.

It was dark, and Persephone was worried but she looked down the alley and saw Percival staring at her. He looked at her maliciously and the cold air of the night suddenly felt too cold. She looked away and apparated back home. At home, everyone was asleep and she sighed. At least Queenie made some food for her. She reheated her food and ate it alone.

-

Persephone fell asleep on the couch, and she was sleeping comfortably when her sister woke her up.

"They've escaped," Tina muttered and shook her head as she walked into our bedroom.

"Who's escaped?" She asked groggily.

"Mr. Kowalski and Mr. Scamander," Queenie said sadly and looked back at the kitchen.

"Who's Mr. Kowalski?" she asked and frowned.

Tina came out of the bedroom and toon Persephone's hand, "Let's go fine them," she said and nodded.

The young girl frowned, but followed her oldest sister. Queenie was left to fend for herself.

-

The two girls walked around, and Persephone tracked the two men to the best of her abilities. This is how they ended up in Central Park.

The two girls watched as Mr. Scamander, or more formally, Newt, tried to get his large creature back inside his brief case. It was fascinating for Persephone to watch, and a tad frightening. But, soon they got the animal back in the case and the two men disappeared into it once again.

Tina rushed down and grabbed the case, locking it shut. "Let's go back to MACUSA," she said and smiled, nodding.

Persephone looked at her wearily, "Is this the right thing to do, Teen?" she asked.

Tina looked at her like she was crazy, "It's the only thing we can do, Peony," she muttered.

The youngest Goldstein shook her head, "Are you kidding? You just want to do this to prove to the President that you need your job back. You don't care who get hurt in the process," she said and scoffed.

Tina looked at her little sister in shock and anger, "You listen to me, Persephone Calethia Goldstein. I am doing this for the safety of our kind and our government. Don't tell me that I'm doing this for myself."

The sisters stared, an uncomfortable silence in the air. One truth and one lie was stated, and both of them knew which was which.

"C'mon," Tina mumbled and apparated them to the MACUSA's Headquarters. Tina dragged her sister into where a meeting was going on and it was a shock to Persephone to see all of the world leaders in one room.

"Madam President, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but this is critical--"

Everyone stared. Everyone was shocked. Persephone knew something else was going on. That something else was wrong.

"You'd better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein," Madam Picquery's voice echoed in the room powerfully.

As Persephone looked around, she was really able to only focus on one person.

Percival Graves.

He stared at her, and she felt naked. Persephone felt like an animal being studied. He looked like a hungry predator. She was not able to pay attention to what was happening around her until Percival started to act.

Newt's case flew away from the four of them, toward Mr. Graves and they were forced on their knees by an outside force. Obviously, magic. Newt beings to call out in fear for his animals and it pains Persephone to see him that way. He was a nice man, and he did not deserve this. His creatures did not deserve to be poked and prodded. The four of them were forced to stand and walk out of the room, being stared down like prisoners. Which they were in the eyes of MACUSA. But, Persephone could not help but notice Percival's lingering eyes.

-

A/N: Hey, guys. Sorry about the long wait, I just got out of school and then went straight to vacation. I'm so glad I got this chapter together and I'm so excited for the future because once I get my computer, I'm hoping chapters will be much better. Also, I hope you like the new format. I really think it's much better. Anyways, much love. <3 The Small Teaspoon