26. Flower prince

AMELIA

"The meeting starts in less than fifteen minutes," I speak to Harry, looking at him over my shoulders as I adjust the bodice of my dress. "You should hurry up."

"You have to be there first anyway. Also, I'm the Prince, I can be a little late." His flushed cheeks stretch in a cheeky grin, his fingers combing through his dishevelled hair, trying to fix it.

"Just remember to wait for a few minutes before leaving," I instruct, flipping my hair off my shoulders, straightening my posture.

Busy days are upon us, especially with the pirate attacks that have been more frequent recently, making the King and his generals spend hours working on defence methods and solutions meant to protect his kingdom from intruders. Harry's responsibility, as the prince, is to be present on each of the meetings and contribute as much as he can, so we had barely any time to talk to each other, not even when we were alone in his office. There are simply times when the only focus needs to be work, no matter how much you'd like to do anything else.

Almost all of Harry's free time these past few days was spent with Katherine. And now that King Henry needs her parents as allies, it's Harry's job to make sure he stays in her favour and the only one enjoying it is her. It hasn't been easy watching them together every day, but I know the Prince doesn't want her. She may have his company, but she will never have him.

Nevertheless, we sometimes manage to catch a few minutes to be together, always making sure one of us leaves the room first, followed by the other a couple of moments later to prevent being caught. Even though what we've been doing is dangerous and strictly forbidden, neither of us really cares. There is a certain thrill in knowing you're doing something you really shouldn't.

"See you at the meeting." I slip my hand beneath his sharp jaw and leave a chaste kiss on his swollen red lips. I send him and grin and wink before opening the door and stepping outside. "Oh my God!" I jump up in surprise upon seeing Adrian standing in front of the room, his hands casually stuffed in his pockets. I quickly shut the door, leaning my back against it and keeping my hand on the lock in case Harry tries to get out.

He grins mischievously, his dimples showing. "What have you been doing in there?" He narrows his eyes playfully. "Or whom?"

A nervous laugh leaves my mouth. "What? I'm playing hide and seek with Lilly and she's not here. You know she likes games."

Adrian licks his lips quickly, grazing his teeth over his lower lip. "So if I opened that door, no one would be inside?"

I shake my head vigorously. "Nope, I've already checked this room." I grip the handle as Harry twists it, my eyes widening. The door jerks as he tries to open it and I use all my strength to keep it closed, trying to appear as if nothing is wrong as Adrian stares at me sceptically.

"Heyyy, what the-" Harry's muffled voice comes through the door and I bang my fist against the door.

"Oh! Ooh my, I- I can't play anymore, we will be late to the meeting! We should go!" I yell, hoping it would tune out his voice.

"Why are you yelling? Relax, we still have time. Also, I'm a prince, I can be a little late." He shrugs.

I stare at him blankly. "Wow, it's like you two have a script."

"Before we go to the meeting, I wanted to tell you that I have the official permission from the King to visit the family castle outside the town. He said Harry is allowed to accompany me, but that you should go as well to make sure he actually does some work, not just joke around with me. After we come back, I'm leaving Solis and going home, so it's like a goodbye trip. What do you think?"