ninety

LAST CHAPTER WHAT

I know it's been awhile.

Maybe read a few past chapters for memory refreshment before you start this one.

* * * * * *

"Mhm.." I moan into Harry's mouth.

We're in my bedroom and Harry's sat on my bed with me on his lap and my legs on either side of him. And we're.. yeah, making out? We're making out.

Harry's hands rest on my hips, drawing circles over and over. My arms are wrapped around his neck, my fingers playing with the small hairs on his neck.

"Luciana! Harry! Tea and cake is ready. You coming down?" my mother yells at us from downstairs.

"In a minute!" I yell back.

I unwrap my arms from around Harry and sigh, thinking about the small box that's rating underneath my pillow.

Harry pecks my lips and squeezes my bottom. He grins at me, "What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just thinking of what could be in that box you gave me."

"Ahh, remember, you can open it once I'm gone." he pecks my nose.

"I know, I'm just curious, that's all."

"You're cute."

I chuckle and get off his lap.

I shrug, "I know I am," and I wink at him.

Harry bites his lip, "Don't do that, please. You're giving me a very hard time already."

I shake my head and chuckle, "Let's just go downstairs, okay?" I reach for him.

"Yes, let's." he replies and grabs my hand.

Once we're down, both tea and cake are set on the table for us by the couch. Only my mother is here.

Harry and I take a seat.

"Where's dad?" I ask my mother.

"He, uh," she starts, "he went out to clear his head for a little while. He'll be back soon."

I sigh, "Is he ever gonna be okay with it? He isn't, is he? I mean, it's pretty clear. It shows."

"I'm sorry, honey. I'm trying my best to convince him, but I think he just needs some time." she says.

"Yeah, well, I think he's gonna need a lot of it." I roll my eyes.

"It'll be okay." Harry squeezes my thigh, assuring me with a soft smile that says that he really thinks it'll be fine, when I really don't think it will be.

I mean, how would this go? He'll be okay with us all of a sudden and then we all have got to pretend like it was that way all along when really it wasn't? Seriously, no.

Dad will not be okay with it. Not now, not tomorrow, never.

Don't be ridiculous.

"Yeah, I'm sure it will." I reply.

*

"Well, then. I think it's time for me to go." Harry says while putting on his coat, "Thank you for having me, Mrs. Coleman. And I'm sorry about your husband. I, uh, I tried."

"That's okay, Harry, really." Mum smiles at him, "And please, call me Alison."

"Will do, Alison. Again, thanks." he nods at her before turning to me, "And you, we'll talk later."

"We will." I smile at him and quickly peck his lips.

"Bye, Harry, be safe." Mum waves at him. And before hurrying back to the living room, she says, "I'm gonna call your father."