Three

Rachel's POV
I woke when I heard my phone vibrating. I rubbed my eyes and looked around me to see I was under the covers in my bed and smiled. Caleb must have came in and tucked me in. I reached for my phone and saw it was 5:57 pm. I groaned and sat up. I threw the quilt off of me and stood up and stretched. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and groaned when I saw all the messages I had. I decided to ignore them all but only text mom and Dad back.

I walked out of my room and down to the kitchen. I walked in and Caleb was sitting at the table on his laptop. He looked up at me and smiled before closing it.

"Hey. I didn't know when you would get up so I didn't make dinner. I thought we might go to uncle T's."
"Yeah. I could do with a decent meal. Let me go get changed."
"Aight. I'll call him."

I ran up the stairs to my room and got changed. I put on denim skinny jeans, my Nike flyknits and my Thorns jersey. I tied my hair into a hug ponytail and didn't put on any makeup. I grabbed purse and ran back down the stairs. Caleb was waiting by the door with his keys and my phone in his hands. He handed it to me and I smiled sheepishly at him.

"Ready?"
"Yup."

He opened the front door for me and I walked out. He locked up the house and we walked to his car and got in. He drove to uncle Theo's diner and parked the car. We walked in and greeted aunt Marjorie.

"Well if it isn't my beautiful niece and handsome nephew."
"Hey aunt M. How are you?"
"I'm good. Busy, but good. Come one. Theo has your dinner on."

Caleb walked in front of us and aunt Marjorie put her arms around my waist and I put mine around her shoulder.

"Anything new happening?"
"I got called up to train with the full national team today."
"YOU WHAT!"

I chuckled at her response. She flung her arms in the air and screamed. Uncle Theo came out from the kitchen with his spatula in his hand I giggled. All the customers were looking at aunt M like she was crazy. She looked at all of them sheepishly and apologised.

"What's with all the screaming? Hey beautiful."
"Hi uncle T. I just told aunt M that I got called up to the full national team today."
"Oh I'm so proud of you kid. If only your brother was some bit like you."
"Hey! I'm leaving in two weeks for the World Cup with the u20s I'll have you know."
"I know, I was just messing with you idiot."

Uncle Theo and Caleb have such a close relationship like they were brothers. Uncle T is dad's younger brother. He was only 32 and runs a very successful business. The diner is just a portion of it. Aunt M has been by his side since they were in high school. They don't have any kids. Not yet at least.

"We'll leave you two and get back to work. Your dinner should be ready in ten minutes."
"Thanks uncle T."
"Anything for my superstars."

I walked to my chair and sat down. Caleb was looking at something behind me and I turned my head to see he was looking at a girl.

"Damn Caleb. About time you found a girl. I was getting worried."
"Oh shut up."
"Go get her number."
"Not a hope."
"Aw someone's scared."
"Am not."
"Are too."
"Watch me."

I chuckled at him as he stood up and walked towards the girl. Aunt M looked up from the counter and smirked. She looked towards me and smiled. I stood up and walked over to her and we watched the scene unfold. Within seconds he came walking back, smiling, and a piece of paper between his fingers.