22.

I have entered the Wattys Awards!! Yay! Please don't forget to support this book if you like it, I would really appreciate it. Share and vote for it, let's get it somewhere. Also, I have entered three other awards: The Mist Awards and Wonder Awards and Elixir Awards.
I'm not hoping to win or to gain anything from it, I just want my book to get more readers.
I am really happy that we reached 650 and I can't thank you enough for reading this book and giving it your time. 
Now without any farther ado, let's dive into the story.

C H R I S T I N E

I sighed in content when the bells above the diner's door rang, I have surely missed this sound. It's been three days since I have came here, the snow storm has finally settled down and people were slowly going back into their normal schedules. Catherine smiled lightly at me and waved for me to come over.

"Christine, you are a life saver." She said and I chuckled softly.

"Jennifer isn't coming till later and Mark is sick. You're handling this shift, come and get me if you need help." She said and I nodded. We were not excepting that much customers anyway, I could handle just fine on my own or so I hoped.

I cleaned some tables and heated up the oven, I cut some vegetables and I was ready for the orders. I got out of the kitchen and sat on the counter table waiting for customers. I hummed softly to a song that I couldn't remember its name.

Suddenly, a middle aged woman bragged into the diner, she looked tired and stressed, her hair was messy and you can see sweat forming on her forehead despite the cold. She was wearing wide leg jeans and brown boots under them, she had a white shirt on and she paired it with a black thick jacket.

"Can I help you?" I jumped off the table and walked to her.

"Are you serving today?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Great!" She grinned widely, she got out of the diner, I could see her through the windows waving for someone to come over.

Suddenly, a bunch of kids were standing outside the diner's window, they all looked tired and cold and I frowned at them. I walked to the door and opened it widely, I kept it still with a small rock and frowned at the kids.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The school bus broke down and we had to push it to the nearest garage." The middle aged woman answered.

"Come in." I said and the kids jogged inside. Almost all the tables were filled, I smiled at them as they sat and grinned. They were all so cute. I have always wanted a younger sibling but mom never dated anyone after my father. I would always offer to babysit Jenny's younger siblings. They were handful and really hard to handle sometimes but at the end of the day they are only kids who are trying to have fun.

"Does anyone need anything?" I shouted over their loud voices.

"Ma'am, do you have soup?" A little boy pulled my apron, he has light brown hair and beautiful green eyes.