Chapter 15

"I never thought I could love you any more than I already do, but then, you gazed into my eyes and I realised I was in deepest shit."

Aahana was stepping out of the elevator when the sound of her phone reverberated in her ears

Puzzled, she pulled it out from her handbag and the corners of her lips instantly curled up into a smile as Jay's name flashed on the screen. 

"Hey, sweetpea."

"Hey, Jay. What's up?" She was greeted by Pranav and  Kritika on the way and she nodded at them in return.

He cleared his throat. "I bought a new house."

Aahana was turning the doorknob to the cabin but her fingers stilled hearing his words. "You did?"

"Y-yeah. Actually, Dinesh and I, we bought it together," he said in a low voice.

"What?" Aahana shrieked and pushed the door open.

Atharva jumped in his seat, startled at her sudden appearance and voice. He pinned her with a glare but she just smiled apologetically and pointed to her phone as she plopped down on her chair and twirled around.

"Yeah. I mean, I can't live with my parents forever, and they don't mind me shifting."

Jay was 26-year-old, and there was nothing wrong with living with his parents. In fact, living in a big family, together, was very common in India but again, it was good to have your own house and privacy.

"B-but Jay you just met him. Isn't it too fast?"

She heard his heavy breath on the other end of the line. "I am sending you the address of my house. We will talk there. Bye." With that, he hung up.

Aahana stared at her phone, open-mouthed in disbelief.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" she muttered under her breath and slammed her phone on the desk. It pinged, indicating the arrival of a message but she didn't bother checking, instead, she concentrated on her work.

"What?" she asked irritatedly after some time when she felt Atharva's gaze on her.

He blinked. "Uh, nothing. You seem annoyed."

"Jay bought a new house with his boyfriend and he is telling me now. Can you believe it? He didn't even ask me."

Atharva's eyebrows jerked up. "Why would he ask you?"

"I am his best friend," she told him in a matter-of-factly tone.

"He invited you, right?"

"Yeah. But why today?"

Atharva rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Why don't you ask him yourself when the two of you meet?"

"Fine." She sighed. "Will you go with me?"