Chapter Five: You Will Only Be Warned Once

Skylar's POV

I walked down the hall towards my father's office, dragging Brittany after me. She struggled against my hold and when she couldn't break free, she started mumbling curses under her breath. I had a difficult time calming down my wolf, since she just wanted to shift and attack Brittany for actions against the Angelique and Luna. When we arrived in front of my father's office, I paused to compose myself before knocking and then walking in, still dragging Brittany along. I stopped when I noticed that my father wasn't alone. The two seats in front of him were occupied by the leader of the local branch of the Nightshade's pack, James, and the Alpha Brian of the Bluemoon Pack, who was also Brittany's Father. Upon seeing her father and the expression on his face, she stopped struggling and I could smell her fear. I couldn't blame her, his face was thunderous with anger, shame, and fear. James tensed up when he spotted her, his face fill with anger. I turned to my father, who was not pleased either. He spoke first.

"I am very disappointed in you, Brittany. What were you thinking, threatening and picking a fight with new students. I expected better from a Were, an alpha daughter at that"

Before my father could continue, he was interrupted by James. James rose to his feet, growling at Brittany, his lips curled in a snarl.

"I will not sit back and allow her to disrespect my Alphas' family and his ward. They will not be pleased when they hear of this."

Brittany's father jumped to his feet, his face was filled with fear.

"Please. I am so sorry for my daughter's foolishness, it will not happen again. I will deal with her"

At this, Brittany started yelling at her father.

"WHY ARE YOU APOLOGIZING? SHE'S JUST A HUMAN!"

Before anyone can say something, a dark chuckle echoed throughout the room.

"Foolish pup, you had already been warned. Your carelessness is starting to get annoying."

James bowed his head in respect as I turned around to see Liam. I was shocked that he managed to sneak up behind me. My father also stood up and bowed his head. Both Brittany and her father turned pale. Brian lowered his eyes and exposed his neck, a sign of submission among Weres, as he whimpered.

"Please forgive my daughter. She is young and thoughtless of her actions"

Liam shook his head.

"I would have been more forgiving if she had not insulted Angelique and threatened my mate. Fortunately for your daughter, I was told to be merciful, so I will warn you once. Do not let this happen again or you will regret it. You are a good alpha but you should count your blessing that you have a son. If your daughter was to be the future alpha, I would not have hesitated in removing her."

He turned to look at Brittany.

"You have been warned. Next time you do something like this, I will make you suffer a painful death. Do you understand?"

Brittany remained silent.

"I said, do you understand"

He repeated his voice low and deadly. I could feel the power emitting from him, making me and my wolf restless, as he forced her to submit. Who is this new Were. He is stronger than any Weres I know.

Brittany reluctantly nodded her head, sweat beading her brow. Liam turned towards James with a satisfied smile.

"You don't have to tell your Alphas. I will handle it"

James bowed in reply.

Liam nodded in acknowledgement to my father and me, before leaving without another glance towards Brittany and her Father. I turned to my father as he looked at me.

"Do not disrespect them Skylar. I warn you as the former Alpha and your father. If you do, especially Angelique, the consequences are dire."

"Who are they, father? Why do they carry the Nighteshade's name?"

James interrupted.

"You do not need to know yet. However I will tell you this. They are even more powerful than my Alphas and are to be respected. We will not tolerate anyone disrespecting them. Do not let their appearances fool you. If angered, they are ruthless. Now I must go."

"Headmaster,"

He turned to me.

"Alpha Shadow"

With that he lefted. Once he left, alpha Brian grabbed his daughter's arm.

"You idiot child. You almost brought ruin towards our pack. I had expected more from you"

He hissed as his grip tightened. Brittany cried out in pain, tears running down her face as she sobbed. What a drama queen. Her father could not have hurt her that badly, especially since she is a Were. My father stepped in.

"Brian, i tell you this as a friend. Let your daughter go. The past is the past and they are not one to hold a grudge for others ignorance. None of the young ones know yet, so do not be so harsh

Brian sighed and let his daughter go. He rubbed his face, looking worned out.

"I cant help it. My wolf is angry even if she is our daughter. He want to teach her a lesson for her foolishness"

My father turned to me before Brian could continue.

"Take Brittany to the pack's doctor and return to class. We can talk later"

His tone allow no arguement. I had not choice but to listen, even though I am now the Alpha. I waved my hand to signal Brittany to follow me and for once she didnt complain. The second we stepped out of the room, her tears stopped. Like I said, what a drama queen. I didnt like the look in her eyes. She is up to no good. My wolf clawed at my thoughts, growling. We will keep our eyes on her and to make sure no harm comes to Angelique or her companions.

Sorry about the wait. Please forgive any mistakes since i am typing this on my nook tablet. I have a ton of exams coming up and my schedule is crammed full of study sessions so my uploads will be even slower. Sorry:(

If you like reading this so far, you know what to do...

COMMENT...

VOTE...

AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDDD.........

FAN!!!!!!!!!

Peace out, 

Jaybird 

(My friends started calling me this. Dont ask why)