20

Jimin immediately shot up once he recognized the faint scent, leaving the others surprised and confused.

"Jimin?" Taehee calls out hesitantly as he frantically looks around, sniffing the air in the process.

When he suddenly turns and starts pulling on Taehee's jeans with his teeth, Yoongi's eyes widen and he starts shouting, "Run. Run! He wants us to run!"

Scrambling onto their feet, they run as fast as they can behind Jimin. Their shoes that had made continuous contact with the ground beneath them created a massive amount of sound consisting the snapping of tree branches and crunching of sand. The sky above them starts getting darker and darker, not helping with their vision at all.

Taehee's breathing gets harder as she follows Jimin who now turns into a corner of the narrow path. Her vision starts getting blurry from all the running, the lower part of her stomach hurts, and she starts feeling dizzy.

"J-Jimin-" The fox stops running and turns his head around at her whimper, just as she had collapsed onto the ground. Panicked,  he rushes over to her. "I'm f-fine, Jimin. Check on the o-others."

Jimin cranes his neck to look over her figure, and immediately feels the insides of his stomach twist and turn in fear.

Where're the others?

__

"Aish! You clumsy shit! How did you freaking trip over nothing?!" Yoongi groans in frustration as he runs his slender fingers through his hair and paces around.

Taehyung, on the other hand, had his pants folded up. He gently blows on the wounded area that had stopped bleeding a while ago and fans it with his hand, hoping to somehow tame the irritation.

"I'm sorry, hyung..." He mumbles, but clear enough for the older male to hear. The black haired male sighs and sits down beside him under the tree. He stares ahead of him before averting his eyes onto the younger's injured knee. "Does it still hurt?" 

Taehyung grins and shakes his head. Knowing his hyung; he is in fact, worried. He just doesn't show it to maintain his 'swagginess'.

"I'm going to go collect some wood to start a fire. We'll leave tomorrow morning; we won't be able to see clearly in the dark anyway. You, sit here, and don't move unless there's a wild animal around, understood?" He says and slowly gets up before scooping his phone out of his pocket, not forgetting to give Taehyung a warning look before walking off.

The brunette takes a deep breath and heaves a tired sigh, leaning his head and back onto the big tree behind him as he stares up at the full moon.

"I hope the others are okay." He mumbles to himself.

__

Jungkook walks along the narrow path of the forest with his phone held up, using it as a torch. The crunching sounds created by his Timberlands and the singing of insects are the only sounds accompanying him.

He groans again and kicks a rock that was in his way, then crouches down and holds his head in anger and frustration.

How on earth did I miss them? She was right in front of me! Jeon Jungkook. You idiot.

When he had finally calmed down a little, he sits by a tree and hugs his knees to his chest. He had tried calling the others, but of course, the reception in the forest wasn't the best. In the end, he gave up and just started walking to wherever his legs brought him to.

Basically, nowhere.

Yes, he had always been the strongest one in the group. He was always the bravest, the best out of all his friends. He was always better than his hyungs, too.

But now, he's all alone and scared.

His grip around his legs tightens as a strong wind blew by. The fear inside him grows stronger as the sky seems to start getting darker and darker; the moon the only source of light he has as he keeps his phone away in his pocket to save up the battery.

Now, he is desperate. For someone to appear. Anyone.

But no one did.

__

Jimin presses himself harder against Taehee, who had passed out a moment ago as the night gets colder. He is worried because Taehee's body temperature had dropped drastically. He doesn't even care about himself anymore at this point. He just wants her to be safe. He had lived in the forest long enough to adapt to the cold at night, and he knows this isn't the coldest time of the night yet.

She might die if I don't keep her warm.

He presses his forehead against her cheek and closes his eyes, memories of their time floods into his mind subconsciously. She was always the one to provide warmth and the feeling of home and family.

It was always her.

He now feels defeated and angry at himself for being so incapable. All he can do now is to share his body warmth with her, but that alone might not be enough. He thought of going off to find the others, who he assumes to be stuck in the forest as well. But leaving her alone, especially while she is unconscious, is not a very clever idea. So he just stayed and watch. Looking out for danger and not allowing himself to rest.

It was quiet for probably a few hours; but then, he feels a presence near them.

He becomes more alert. He jumps off her lap and stands in front of her in a defensive stance as low and warning growls left his muzzle. Then, a figure slowly appears out of the darkness engulfing them. The familiar figure that made him freeze on his spot.

It's nice to see you again, son.