PROLOGUE.

"Father! Father!" Gemariah screamed frantically, searching for her father among the throngs of people running around and screaming shrilly. Everything seemed to slow down as she looked around her kingdom, her great kingdom, which she loved with all her heart, under siege and burning to the ground. Dead bodies strewn everywhere with wails that could freeze blood echoing throughout the blessed city.

She was still searching , trying to find a familiar face when she was abruptly raked cleanly off the floors and fell down with a thud, flat on her back.

Her curly hair flapped widely in the wind as she was dragged mercilessly by her yellow silk skirt towards a large high cart. "Father!" She shouted, her voice hoarse from screaming for so long. Her energy beyond drained.

"Shut up! Shut up! Or I'll feed you to the dogs," he gestured towards the large wolf like dogs dragging the cart. Even they seemed to snare at her discomfort. Mocking her for who she was.

A prisoner.

The guard dragged her roughly across the uneven floor as wounds opened and sand and stone scraped through them, opening skin and closing them back with dirt before flinging her like a rag doll over his shoulder. She screamed and cried as she was yanked by her hair up into the cart by another soldier hurling the prisoners into the high cart.

She struggled, kicking, biting and scratching, not ready to go down without a fight and that seemed to stare a new form of anger and hatred in their eyes.

  He threw her to the floor and slapped her, hard. Gem yelped out in pain, holding her hands to her cheeks as she felt her world slipping away from underneath her but she held on. Not ready to give up or give them the satisfaction of seeing her hurting.

Gem stood her ground, or more like sat on the ground, chest heaving up and down as she was beginning to have a hard time breathing, and could only see with her right eye as the left one had been swollen shut, pulsing painfully and oozing with pulse, when she had been punched by an enemy earlier on.

Her left arm was grossly purple and badly bruised, it had been twisted multiple times and if not because she could move the arm, she would have thought it was broken. The arm would probably remain that way for a while. She had also been hit with a gauntlet that had her reeling and seeing stars for over an hour.

"Princess! Princess! Psst over here," a shrill voice called out to her.

She whipped her head around, looking for the face that owned such a familiar but distant voice. Her one good eye came to rest on someone she knew, sitting on the other side of the large prison like cart. Surrounded by other prisoners who seemed to not be paying attention to her.

They would not recognize gem as she hardly ever left the palace so they ignored her altogether.

"Jeruba!" She shouted, pushing through the throngs of people seated here and there before crouching in front of her. Nearly heaving at the sight that met her.

"Oh, great shilla!" Gemariah exclaimed in shock. She was horrified, jeruba looked worse than her. She had been hit over the head with something heavy and was bleeding profusely, the blow to her head would have probably made her see stars and her her lips had been busted, there was a large gash running from her forehead, destroying her left eye and ripping out half of her left ear.

It was a gory sight.

"Its alright princess, I'm alright, but are you okay?" She asked running a hand through her hair, feeling for bumps which she found and down Gemariah's face which made her wince at the contact, "sorry" she apologized.

"Its okay, oh Shilla! Jeruba are you alright? Your eyes!" she paused as bile rose up her throat, "your ear! Its, its-its gone" she wailed putting her hands against the side of her ear to stop the bleeding.

It was strange, her ear, it felt warm.

"Its okay princess,the great shilla will accept my soul, and give me safe passage when I get to Ethiomahim" she sighed, "where is our king?" she asked.

"I have no idea where my father is-" she paused as tears welled up in her eyes. Jeruba ran a hand down her back, comforting her.

"Now now, its alright" she cooed, as her hands slowed down, too much blood had been lost in such little time. She could feel her spirit leaving her body.

"I— I" her sentence was caught of as a sob escaped her mouth and racked her entire body, "I lost him in the great hall, he was-was dragged too, I don't know where he was dragged too, oh shilla, are we all going to die?" She asked wide eyed, her voice laced with fear.

"No!" Jeruba exclaimed fiercely, energy suddenly surging through her body, "not if I can help it, I will do all I can in my power to keep you safe, I pledged my life to the great house of 'Jehu cal', and our kingdom IGDALIAH will never be forgotten," she shouted, puffing her chest up with pride.

"You would do well to sit down and shut up, now sit!" A guard shouted as he cracked a whip, walking towards them menacingly, ready to tear them into pieces if they refused to corporate.

"Never!" Jeruba snapped before standing up defiantly and sticking out her chin. A proud IGDALIAN.

He laughed at her puny effort before producing a dagger and stabbing her in the chest. Jeruba just stood there, eye bulging out of its sockets, she stood her ground as blood gushed out of her chest like water from the sea rushing into the land through the crevices in rocks.

Gem screamed, like one being torn limb to limb, as if her soul was being torn from her body. If Jeruba died, then she would too.

The blood spread wide and far, staining the brown floor crimson red and turning Jeruba's already dirty light blue gown red. It sputtered like a spring.

"No!" Gemariah screamed once the initial shock had worn off, scrambling up to hug her from the back. Jeruba stood a whole feet taller than her and the top of gem's head only reached the back of her neck.  She kept on shaking her head, her eyes tightly closed, whispering over and over again, "No! No! No! No! No!"

"I- I- I- I p-pray," Jeruba stammered as she felt the life draining out of her, "That you rot in hell for what you and your kind have done t-to my people," she gasped as blood found its way to her mouth. The guard didn't even seem bothered as she kept on muttering profanities, swearing on and on.

He seemed to even ignore her insults while watching her bleed to death, he only became very angry when Jeruba spat in his face, "Whore!" He shouted seeing red, literally and figuratively before he whipped out his sword from its sheen and cut her head off cleanly.

Gemariah stopped crying when the silence became eerie, she stepped back uncertainly, eyes still closed as the sword missed her head barely, afraid of what she would see if she opened them. She felt something warm, like hot water spill onto her face and into her mouth, it filled her nose and entered her ears, sipping into her eyes like a warm bath.

   Gem finally opened her eyes which had been tightly closed to see she had been hugging the headless body of Jeruba. She screamed, scrambling backwards. Looking down at her own body coated in blood. Blood in her mouth, her orange hair now red, her face, the floor, her yellow royal robes.

"Gemariah, gemari-ah," a hoarse voice whispered and she whipped her head sideways, wide eyed only to stop at the head of jeruba. She gurgled as bile rose in her throat once again.

"R-remember, r-remember who you a-are!"  She said as Her eyes filmed over and became glassy, staring up at Gemariah lifelessly.

Gemariah screamed shrilly, red and yellow vomit rushing out her mouth as she shook unsteadily on her feet, swaying from side to side.

She took unsteady jerky steps  backwards, stepping on her vomit and smearing it everywhere, it was a disgusting sight as vomit and blood merged together dangerously. She kept on moving backwards, and slipped on something before hitting her head hard on the side of the large cart, she groaned out in pain before she was enveloped by darkness.

She had knocked herself out.

This is the prologue for, Taken by him. Please don't forget to vote and comment if you loved it.

I would realy appreciate it.