Episode 7 - Not All Hope is Lost

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

---------- TIMESKIP (THE NEXT DAY || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Diana, Betty and Veronica were huddled and talking. Betty was telling them that she had found Polly last night and about her lodging dilemma.

"I don't want Polly to run away. But if she can't live at home, then... I don't know, I can rent her an apartment." Betty told them.

"Let me talk to my mom." Ronnie offered.

"No, you have your own stuff you're dealing with right now, V." Betty deflected.

"Or, she could stay at Evergreen Manor. That way, the maids can help her out if she needs anything. She doesn't need to worry about space because Lord knows how many rooms that house has." Diana said as she ate her cup of frozen yogurt.

"We couldn't intrude on your family, Di." Betty answered again.

"Betty, Polly needs doctors, she needs prenatal vitamins, and checkups, and ultrasounds, and a lot of baby stuff. Trust me, I've been there before." Diana told her.

"I guess I can ask her about it. I just want the Blossoms to leave her alone, you know. It can't be good for the baby is she keeps stressing out over them." Betty stated.

"I'll try to do something about it, but no promises." Diana said, willing to help out her friends.

----------- TIMESKIP (THAT NIGHT || EVERGREEN MANOR) ----------

Diana was having tummy time with Nate when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." Diana called out and Cheryl came in.

"Hey." Cheryl greeted as she got on the floor with them.

"Hey, Cher." Diana smiled a little.

"Can I sleep here, tonight?" Cheryl asked her and Diana could see her eyes travelling over to Nate who was playing, in his own little world.

"Sure." Diana said as she sat up, Indian style and picked Nate up from the floor, making him face Cheryl.

"Hey, baby boy. Look who's here! It's Auntie Cheryl." Diana talked to her son as before handing him over to Cheryl.

Cheryl was busy playing with Nate when Diana spoke up again.

"Cher, I have a favor to ask you." She started.

"What is it?" Cheryl asked her.

"You love Jason, right? You'd do anything for him?" Diana reminded her.

"Of course. Everyone knows that, you especially." Cheryl answered.

"Well, can you please, please, lay off on Polly Cooper? I know you don't like her and all, but give the girl a break, she's pregnant and even if Jason didn't love her in that way, she meant a lot to him because he wanted to help her get away from here as well. So, I'm asking you as a friend, as an almost sister, as Jason's ex-girlfriend, please take it easy on Polly. You don't want to be the reason she loses a baby, do you? Because that's what too much stress does. And I can assure you that she didn't kill him. She loved him too much, no matter how he felt about her. I think she would rather her baby daddy be him instead of Chuck." Diana begged her to understand.