Episode 9 - Maple Syrup Week

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

Thicker than blood. More precious than oil. Riverdale's big business is maple syrup. Since the town's founding, one family has controlled its lucrative syrup trade, the Blossoms.

They were a part of the fabric of our daily lives... Rich or poor, old or young, we consumed Blossom syrup by the bucket. That sickly, sweet smell was inescapable.

The death of Jason Blossom precipitated a crisis. With the heir apparent gone, who would inherit the family business one day? Certainly, not Cheryl. It was a question that brought the wolves to Riverdale. And now, the Blossoms were circling the wagons against possible attack, from within their own ranks.

------------------------------  

Diana was watching her son when she got a text from Cheryl.

Fr: Cher-bear

The Blossoms need you and Nate ASAP.

Diana sighed before picking Nate up and driving to Thornhill. When she got there, she had only just exited her vehicle before being escorted to the Maple Syrup Factory of the Estate.

"Okay, I'm just wondering what I'm doing here?" Diana asked as she and Cheryl, who was holding an umbrella over them stood behind Penelope and Clifford.

"This week is the official start of maple syrup season and the board of trustees are descending upon us like a cabal of vampires because since Jason's death, no apparent heir has been named." Penelope reminded her.

"When they get here, we just have to keep a united front. Simple as that." Clifford instructed them and they stood there in the snow and welcome the board of trustees when they arrived.

After the whole thing, Diana was fastening Nate up in her car when Penelope and Cheryl approached.

"Diana dear, if it's not too much to ask, since Nathaniel here is Jason's only child, he is considered an heir of the company and we already considered you family even before then. Would it be possible for you to sleep here with Nate while those people are circling around? You are required to attend all the activities and you can even bring Mr. Andrews with you." Penelope stated before she turned to Cheryl.

"Make sure you find a respectable date, I don't want you embarrassing us again." She said before walking off.

"Ugh, I have to look for a date and since you already have dibs on Archie, I have to look for someone else." Cheryl told her.

"I'm sure you'll figure something out. Anyways, I'll be back tonight with our stuff. See you." Diana told her as she entered the car and drove away.

---------- TIMESKIP (SCHOOL DAY || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Daniel was at the music room. A lot of people didn't know it, but he was very good at playing guitar and drums. He was in the middle of writing a song for Veronica when Cheryl came in.

"Danny. If music be the food of love, play on, play on." She said as she came and sat near him while Daniel rolled his eyes.

"I know you enough to know you want something, Cher. Spit it out." Daniel told her.