Suck My Lady Dick

((Playlist: Crawling by Linkin Park))

Studying his features against the wild, ruddy lighting of the festival, she felt unable to look away.  Glued to the spot.  Not that there was anywhere she'd rather be.

He stared back with an unreadable expression. "Sophie?"

"Yeah?"

Before anything could happen this time, someone slammed into them from the side.  A familiar voice slurred drunkenly. "Guten tag, mi amiga!"

She whirled to see a rather inebriated Lys and a concerned Jonah trying to hold her upright.

"Lys! Are... are you drunk?" Sophie asked with a hint of concern.

She threw her hands up lazily. "That's what this guy here keeps tellin' me. Oh!" She leaned close to Jonah's ear seriously. "I have to tell you something! It's important!"

Jonah frowned. "What is it?"

Lys blinked. "I forgot." She leaned more heavily against Jonah and giggled. "Hehe, you're strong. You're like that guy from that one thing."

Jackson snorted, clearly amused at Lys's drunkenness and Jonah's flustered attempt to get her home. "What guy, Lys?" Jackson asked.

She tossed a hand up. "Y'know, that guy from Captain What's-His-Face."

Jonah thought for a moment. "Chris Evans from Captain America?"

Lys's eyes lit up. "Yeah, him! He's sooooo hot," she swooned. She looked Jonah up and down. "On second thought, you're nothing like him."

Jackson and Sophie cracked up. Jonah rolled his eyes. "Gee, thanks."

"Lys, how much have you had to drink?" Sophie asked, feeling concerned yet amused.

She seemed to think hard about this for a moment before finally saying. "Dunno... three? Four...?"

"Three or four what? Beers?"

"GALLONS!" She yelled, throwing her arms in the air wildly. She held her hand out like she wanted to high-five Sophie, but she lost her balance. Both Jonah and Sophie had to catch her before she fell to the ground.

"Lys, we need to get you home," Sophie said, "Like, now."

Her friend started waving her arms again; Jonah had to hold her up. "Noooooooo! My parents will think I'm drunk!"

"That's why you shouldn't have drank all that beer," Sophie sighed, shaking her head.

"It was apple cider!"

All of a sudden, a voice cut through the crow. "ALYSSAAAAAAAA! COME ON, WE'RE LEAVING SOON!"

"Shit!" Lys was enough in her right mind to realize the direness of her predicament. "Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit-"

Jackson was the one who finally stepped into action, shoving Lys and Jonah behind him. "Go find my car," he said. "I'll drive you guys home. We'll cover for you here."

Jonah looked at him in surprise, as if shocked that someone so rogue-ish would help people out like that. "What car is it?"

"Little blue sedan across the street," Jackson said, pointing in its general direction, "It's between the creepy white van and those two motorcycles. There may or may not be a strange, shirtless man waiting there. Ignore him."

Sophie watched as her friends walked into the crowd behind them; though, truth be told, Lys did more stumbling than she did walking. Just as their heads disappeared into the thinning sea of the people, Lys' parents approached them.

"Hello, Sophie," Lys' mother said brightly. "I didn't know you'd be here. Have you seen Lys anywhere?"

Sophie smiled shakily. Okay, time to put my lying to the test. "Hi, Mrs. Stark," she said. "Actually, I was just waiting for Lys. She's going to stay at my house tonight- if that's okay, I mean."

"Oh. She never told me that," Mrs. Stark said. "But I suppose that's alright. Tell her to text me when she wants picked up tomorrow, would you?"

Sophie nodded. "Will do."

"Have a good night," Mr. Stark waved as the two walked off. Sophie let out a sigh of relief. Whew. That was easy, at least. As soon as Lys's parents were out of sight, Sophie high tailed it to Jackson's car and jumped in. "Let's go. Lys is staying with me tonight," she told Jackson.

Jackson smirked as if to say, Really? Are you sure? But he said nothing.

"Sophie! You're back!" From behind her, a pair of arms sloppily wrapped around Sophie's neck. "Where were you?" Lys's voice became sad. "You said you'd never let me go."

"That's from Titanic." Jonah pulled Lys's arms off Sophie with a sigh.

Lys leaned forward and put her forehead against Sophie's shoulder. "Sophie," she slowly said. "What rhymes with 'Sophie?' Dophie, Bophie, Hophie, Gophie...."

"Drop me off first, would you?" Jonah piped up.

"Sure." Jackson turned down a dark street towards Jonah's house. After they dropped off Jonah and began to head towards Sophie's house, Lys suddenly sat up.

"I'm gonna puke," she mumbled, pressing a hand to her mouth. She started to cough and Jackson suddenly swerved to the side of the road.

"Not the car, not the car, not the car-!" The car screeched to a halt. Jackson jumped out and yanked open Lys's door with seconds to spare.

Sophie held her friend's hair back, awkwardly patting her back as she lost her stomach just outside the door. When she was done, Lys slumped back into the car, looking rather pale and haggard.

"Ugh," she groaned, swiping her bangs out of her eyes, "I shouldn't have drank so much."

The driveway was empty when she got home, and Sophie thanked her lucky stars that her parents had decided to take her Grandma Edith to bingo that night. She hopped out of the car, greeted by a rush of cool night air.

"Come on, Lys," she said as she swung the car door open for her friend, who had been fumbling for the handle, "Let's get you inside."

Jackson stepped out of the car. "Do you want some help?"

Sophie shrugged, sliding an arm around her friend. "I've got it."

"I'm not an it," Lys slurred, standing up on wobbly legs. After five steps toward the porch, she tripped over her own sneaker, sending both girls sprawling onto the ground.

Jackson studied them, amused. "You sure you don't need help?"

Five minutes later, the two of them were in Sophie's living room, Jackson having carried Lys there bridal style - which actually made her squeal. Lys was up in Sophie's room, changing into some clean clothes that didn't reek of booze.

Sophie looked up at him, smiling faintly. "Thanks."

"What did you expect me to do?" he asked, grinning, "Leave you and your drunk friend surrounded by drunks in lederhosen?"

She laughed. "Well, you could have."

"No way." He looked at her, suddenly serious. "There's no way I'd strand you like that."

Her eyes flicked up to him. "And why is that?"

Before he could answer, there was a great thundering at the top of the stairs - Lys. Tripping multiple times. "I'm okay!"

Sophie winced. "Oh geez."

Jackson laughed before leaning over and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I better run, Soph. See you Monday."

He was halfway to the door before she remembered how to talk. Or how to breathe. "Bye."

-

((AN: Guten tag! I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter featuring drunk Lys. See you next time :) -K))