30: Auditioning for Advanced Theatre and Walking in Heels

It was when he was picking up his books for the next school year that he'd also picked up a flier for the new theatre program. A new theater had been built over the summer, and the flier was auditions for an advanced class. Considering there wasn't much option for taking a different version of the class at this point, he figured he'd try out. He had room anyways.

The audition was in a week, a week before school started. Patrick wasn't too upset about it, but it required an original monologue, an essay, and a lipsync. Presumably, the last bit was to see how comfortable he was potentially making a fool of himself on stage. 

Yet, even though his work was over for the summer (both artists were finished recording, and he didn't have time to start with someone new so Pete's father paid him the last check and he was done but always welcome back), he made the drive up to LA the next day to knock on the familiar door of the home that belonged to RuPaul's girls.

Shane answered almost instantly, out of drag and not looking like he was going to be getting into it anytime soon. Still, he answered with a grin and let Patrick in without question. 

"What're you doing in LA? I thought you were finished with your job."

"I am, but I need advice and help from people that can probably help. Plus...I didn't want to stay home. You know how it is," he said, sighing softly and shaking his head. "But! I'm auditioning for advanced theater and I need to write a monologue, write a two-page essay, and perform a lip-sync to a song of my choice."

Shane admittedly squealed. "Willam! Get down here and call Adore!"

Willam constantly spoke about the fact that Joe Trohman really did know how to have some good sex, and constantly also said it was the best sex he'd ever had. It was amusing, but considering he'd already talked about it in the group chat today, he probably wouldn't be speaking of it again.

"Girl, she's crazy. She's from Azuza, she'll stab a bitch!" Willam still came down the stairs, eyeing the two of them and picking up a cellphone. It looked like he'd been practicing makeup, but didn't seem to concerned with the fact that Patrick was there. "What do you want me to say?"

"Just ask her to come over, will you? If she can't...we can try Bianca, but it's doubtful she'd be able to. She's getting ready to start a new job." Shane turned back to Patrick. "What shoe size are you?"

"Um...like, an eight?"

Shane paused, thinking for a moment. "You're the same size as Katya...I think you're the same age, too. That would mean..." He went to the rack of clothes, but started going through the boxes on the bottom. "You're gonna learn how to walk in heels, then lip-sync, because if you can do that you can do pretty much anything."

"So you expect me to put 'I can walk in five inch heels' on my resume?"

"Trust me, it says a lot about you."

"Yeah, like how gay I am."

Shane laughed, pulling out a box. "But it also says you're willing to do anything. We'll start with a three inch wedge."

It wasn't hard to get them on, and they strapped on with ease. Standing up was the hard part, because he had to figure out how to fucking balance and that was a pain in the ass. Shane got into heels as well, while Willam got off the phone and observed them with a large grin.

Once he was balanced, Shane had him try to walk forward a few steps. It wasn't surprising it was hard for him, he hadn't done this before. Shane straightened him out, setting his shoulders back  and stepping to the side to give him a quick example of how not to just step completely flat footed because "that's not how women do it- besides you're stomping" and instead just walk close to normally.