Chapter 7 - Danger Zone...

Chapter 7 –  Danger Zone...

Lucy's POV

The door opens to reveal Justin standing there and a few seconds of awkward silence falls between us until he opens the door wider, effectively inviting me in.

"Dad's in the office," is all he says as he shuts the door behind me.

His scent is overpowering, making every single nerve in my body sizzle and spark as we make our way to the office.

Okay, so I'm officially nervous as hell about today. Seriously, if I screw up then I'm in deep shit, being the Omega doesn't exactly give me a lot of room for mistakes. If it turns out that I really can't help with this search, shit is really going to go down.

I'm tired as hell which really isn't helping my nerves, I had to set my alarm for five this morning just to make sure I'd get up and be here on time. As it turns out, I seem to be the first one here.

We walk into David's office, where I see him staring intently down at the map that's been spread back out on his desk. He looks up when he notices me and a bright smile appears on his face.

"Hey, Lucy! You all set for today?"

"Yeah," I reply, keeping my tone polite and putting on a friendly smile. He and Wendy seem to be okay with me but I'm not going to take any chances.

To say that the conversation last night between me and David wasn't slightly weird would be a complete lie. After he walked me to the door, we somehow got onto the conversation topic of Justin...

"So, it's been really great to have the chance to catch up with you tonight, I know that Wendy was ecstatic when she found out we'd need your help on this little rogue hunt," David said as we reached the door, opening it for me.

I smiled back before replying. "Yeah, I must admit I never expected to be stepping foot into this house again."

"It's a shame about all that's happened," he sighed. "Between you and Justin especially, you two used to be so close..."

"Yeah," I agreed with a sigh, glancing down at the floor, not really able to meet his eyes.

"He misses you," he admitted suddenly, causing my eyes to snap back to his in surprise.

I'm sorry... what?!

"I mean, he never says it but... it's pretty obvious. He's never really been the same since, well, you know..."

Yes, yes I did know. He was talking about the day Justin disowned me in front of practically the entire school in the canteen at lunch, the day my life became what it is today... complete and utter hell.

"Um, I should probably go..." I said, trying to keep my tone friendly whilst really wanting to be able to escape. I had no idea what to reply to him.

Justin doesn't miss me, there's no way in hell... He'd rather die than take me back as a friend and that I'm certain of. He doesn't miss me...

I quickly thanked David for letting me stay for dinner before saying goodbye and hurriedly heading down the steps leading up to the house.

"Lucy!" he called out to me, causing me to turn back around to face him as he still stood in the doorway watching me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Don't give up on him, okay? Not yet."

I stood there staring up at him in surprise. He was asking me to... what? Try and get close to Justin again? I can't do that, not again...