Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Alaina's POV

I woke up a few minutes before Harry this morning, and it was probably the best feeling in the entire world. Last night he fell asleep snuggled up behind me, but then I woke up to him facing the wall, cuddling with his pillow like usual. Waking up next to Harry is so comforting, no matter if it's in my bed or his. I never realized that until I noticed my true feelings for him a few years ago.

When he woke up, I had to quickly make it less obvious that I was admiring how cute he was while sleeping those last few minutes. We watched TV for a while until we started to get hungry and went downstairs to have breakfast, eating our favorite cereals that we eat together every time we have sleepovers. He had Berries Cap'n Crunch, and I had my Cookie Crisp. We still carry on our traditions together from when we were kids, it sounds childish, but it's what we do.

"Aren't you two getting tired of each other yet?" Anne joked as she peeks into Harry's room to check on us.

After breakfast, Harry and I went back up to his room to get showered and dressed, and now we're watching some TV until our friends from school come over this afternoon. We all hung out together a few times during the holiday, but since it's the last weekend of our winter break and we won't have the time to get together, we decided to get together at Harry's. He has a fire pit outside in his backyard with a nice seating area for us to hangout. Thankfully it isn't unbearably cold out.

"Yeah, so tired. Can't wait for her to leave," Harry replied sarcastically.

"Me too," I joked back.

"Just don't kill each other," she smiled and left us alone, closing the door partially like it was before.

Anne, Harry's mother, has been like a second mom to me since I was born. She practically helped raise me and has treated me like I'm her third child. She and my mom have been best friends since they were ten when Anne came to America from England, and just like Harry and me, they were always together. And as crazy as it sounds, they even got pregnant with us at the same time unexpectedly.

Harry was born on February 1st and then I came along the week after, so the two of us have been in each other's lives for almost 17 years. Since my mom was starting her internship to become a doctor at the hospital and my dad was always traveling for his job, Anne decided to help them out despite the fact that she had 2 young kids to take care of already. If my mom was working late and my dad wasn't home, she would take me with her.

I have close family members who would also help out but since we always lived on the same street, I would be with Anne mostly. Even after my father tragically died when I was 7, she did everything she could to help us even though she was going through a divorce with Harry's father at the time. She didn't have to do any that, but since she's the kindest person in the world, she wanted to be there for me and her best friend.

Raising her own two kids, including helping out with me, was tiring but she did an outstanding job. To make it up to her, my mom would take Harry and his older sister Gemma to my house on the weekends so Anne could take a break if she needed it. But now that I'm older, I can either stay home alone while my mom works or crash at Harry's for the night. Most of the time I still spend the night at Harry's or he stays with me because he hates when I'm alone. And to be honest, it's very comforting to be with him even though I enjoy the quiet.... sometimes.

"Should we get everything ready out back?" I asked Harry. "They should be coming over soon,"

"Yeah. You brought the stuff for s'mores, right?" he answered.

"I did. And I made sure to get the big marshmallows this time instead of the jumbo size. Now I don't have to hear you complain about it for months again,"