115

There were many bars in New Orleans. And Damon Salvatore had gone through many of them before finding the person he was looking for: a tan brunette woman by the name of Sophie Devereaux.

Damon sat down next to her with a smirk, "Sophie. Just the person I was looking for."

Sophie looked at him and glared, "How the hell did you find me?"

"Well, I thought about the self-pity you're probably feeling for yourself after the failure of the Harvest and I figured the best way to forget about it was through drinking," Damon explained. "And I was right."

"So, we have a lot to discuss," Damon said as he grabbed a hold of her forearm and dragged her with him to the exit of the bar.

"Can you not manhandle me? I'll happily cooperate if you stop dragging me," Sophie argued, but she didn't struggle against him. "And you owe me alcohol."

Damon let go of her and rolled his eyes, "Like I owe you anything after you linked yourself to my little sister which almost killed her."

"I did what I had to do for my niece. I'm not going to apologize for that," Sophie said.

"Right, your niece. The niece that was apart of the epic Harvest failure that might've not been such a failure," Damon stated, starting to walk again.

"Wait, what? What do you mean it's not a failure," Sophie jogged to catch up with him.

"As if you don't know," Damon said.

"What exactly should I know?" Sophie questioned, completely dumbfounded.

Damon turned his head to her, "You're apart of the witch community and you're telling me you don't know about the three, probably four, resurrected witches?"

"What?" Sophie's jaw dropped.

"Well, you just became totally useless," Damon sighed as he turned the corner to where he wanted to bring Sophie to only to find two Original brothers. Klaus and Kol were standing in front of the sacrificial mark that was on the wall from earlier that day when they found two dead vampires.

"Sophie. Just the witch I wanted to brutalize. Thank you, Damon, for finding her," Klaus smirked and vamp sped in front of her, grabbing her in a choke hold. "Perhaps you know about the attacks on my men."

    Sophie started choking and Damon sighed, "She's useless. She doesn't know anything."

    Klaus let go of her and Sophie regained her breath as she glared at Damon, "I may not know anything about the attacks on vampires or these resurrected witches. But I'm not useless. I'm still a witch."

   Sophie walked towards the mark on the wall and explained, "This is the result of a complex spell. Old-school stuff, rooted in sacrificial magic. Whoever did this to your guys, my guess is they were an offering to gain more power. More guys they kill, more power they have. Who did this, anyway?"

   "My long ago enemy, Papa Tunde, whom I killed and has now returned from the grave," Klaus answered, gritting his teeth in annoyance when his phone rang.

   ____________________

   Marcel had been waiting at Rousseau's for Sophie to get information from her. While he was waiting, he was drinking and explaining to Camille who this Papa Tunde guy was.