4

Two updates in one day? *Checks forehead*

And so it was announced that there would be a royal ball, and everyone who could make it would be able to attend. Which obviously made everyone excited, especially all the young girls who fancied the prince but knew they'd never meet him.

You were excited too, to an extent. But you mainly hoped that Stanley would be there. You thought he was nice and interesting, and you also happened to think he was attractive..... And you liked the way he spoke. Everything about him was interesting. He didn't scare you like most guys did, you were at ease when you had talked to him.

You were headed off towards the town with your older sister. She was excited to be able to go to a party she loved to dance, as did you. But as to the reason you were headed to town was to pick up your tailored dresses and your handmade masks.

It was a masquerade ball after all.

"I wonder when the Prince will choose his bride." Your sister spoke to you, a curious look upon on her face. You nodded, not saying anything. You just murmured an mhm.

"I wonder if Stanley will be there." You said, catching your sister off guard. She stopped walking abruptly, causing you to bump into her. She turned around face you, a smirk plastered on her lips.

"Whose Stanley?" You looked down and fiddled with your fingers, a light blush crawling up your neck.

"A young man I met by my stream a few weeks ago. He was really nice." She slapped you on the shoulder.

"You're just now telling me this!?"

"Well it's not my fault, you've been so busy with preparing for your own wedding I haven't had enough time to tell you." And so she picked your mind about the young boy, asking you what he looked like and anything else she could think of.

*Le skip*

You held onto your sisters shoulder, following her through the boisterous crowd. You shook slightly, anxious to be around so many people, it felt as if they were closing in on you. You held onto your sisters hand like a child would do to their mother, while she spoke to her soon to be husband.

You just watched the crowd as they spoke happily.

A blond haired boy walked over to a brunet, he elbowed his side, a smirk gracing his lips. "Fancy anyone yet?" He asked his best mate. Tom sucked in a breath, hesitating. They were on the stair case above the crowd, able to see everyone. "Well which one is she?" He nudged him again, Tom chuckled, looking for you.

"There." He pointed towards where you were. "In that (your favorite colored dress) dress, holding onto that woman's hand." Your pretty hair was pulled back tightly, a few loose curls were around your face.

"She looks nice." Harrison said. Leaning on the guardrail like Tom had been doing. "Have you spoken to her yet?" Tom shook his head, how slicked back hair staying put. You dropped your sisters hand, heading towards the door. You needed some fresh air to calm you down. "Well here's your chance." Harrison gave him a slight shove.

Tom stumbled over his feet. "Well what am I supposed to say?"

"Just remember what I taught you!"

"You haven't taught me anything about girls!"

Harrison made a tsk sound. "Excuses, excuses. Now go talk to her!" Tom made his way down the stairs and through the crowd without anyone stopping him, then he went out to the garden where you went.

He stood at the top of the stairs that led down to the beautiful garden. Scanning over the bushes for you. A small smile quickly crosses his face as he raced towards you. He tapped your shoulder​ and you let out a scream, you swatted away his hand, your heart thumping.

"Sorry," Tom tried to hold back a giggle at your reaction

"Sorry," Tom tried to hold back a giggle at your reaction. You held your mask in your hand, enjoying having it off. "Y/N!"

"Um, hello?" You said to the masked stranger, he pulled off his black mask that he had been hiding behind. A soft smile graced your face, he was rather handsome. The two of you began talking for a little while, laughing to yourselves until you were interrupted.

"TOM!" Shouted one boy.

"THOMAS!" Shouted another. Heavy footsteps were heard, racing towards the two of you. Two boys crashed into Stanley aka Tom. "Father isn't doing well. The doctor just took him aside." Tom's face dropped, worry was written across it.

"You have to pick a bride tonight!" Patty tugged at Tom's coat, trying to get his eldest brother's attention. Tom looked towards him, while Sam and Harry babbled on.

He stood on his tippy toes, "Whose she?" He whispered in Tom's ear.

"Oh, right, this is Y/N. Y/N these are my brothers. Harry, Sam, and Patrick." You were squished between the twins, in a vice like hug, before you could even respond. You smiled awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Moments later a guard came out.

"Prince Thomas, you have one hour to announce whom your bride will be according to the King." Tom swallowed a lump in his throat, he switched to his prince mode. Smiling as he'd been taught.

"Thank you. Please tell father I've already chosen." The guard nodded and walked off. Who was he going to pick? The tension had been rising in the air. You were upset about quite a few things at the moment. For starters having been lied to by Thomas about who he truly was.

"Who is going to be your bride?" Paddy asked, looking up at his big brother.

"Y/N." Tom stated and your mouth dropped. You remained silent for the next hour, upset by everything that was happening. It felt like a bomb had just been released, everything seemed to happening at once to you.

You tuned out everyone. You didn't even acknowledge that you were atop the stair case and that everyone had their attention on you. Tom stepped forward with you by his side. The two of you stood by the king and four princes stood behind you. Those obviously being, Sam, Harry, Paddy, and Harrison.

When everyone had began cheering and clapping that pulled you back to reality. Tom's hand hovered just above the small of your back, making you suck in a breath. Your hands were sweaty and your teeth were chattering together. This was really happening.

A tear rolled she your face and you quickly wiped it away. "I, I have to," you didn't even get your sentence out before you dashed away. Tom tried to go after you but it deemed impossible because everyone kept stopping him to congratulate him on choosing a wife.

You rushed into your sisters arms, nearly tackling her to the ground, you let out a sob holding onto her tightly. Your sister and her fiance walked outside, you still clinging onto her for dear life. So you headed home. Once you were home you went from your sister to your mother's arms within seconds.

"What happened?!" Your mother demanded.

"She's getting married." Your sisters finance blurted.

"What?!"

"The prince chose her to be his wife!" Your sister told your mother, and so it was a long night filled with your tears. Eventually you cried yourself to sleep, not being able to calm yourself down.