Unraveling

I rode as fast as I possibly could to the wall, pleading quietly that the others would be alright. I was less than a mile away when the Colossal Titan began to tip over the edge of the wall, plummeting down in the direction in which Eren was fighting the Armored Titan. Why had they suddenly appeared? Where had they come from, and why then? Questions buzzed through my mind non-stop as I finally reached the wall.

      I used my gear to escalate the giant structure, shooting the grappling hooks up several dozen meters before feeling them clamp onto the edge. I flew up the wall fast, eager to find out what had happened when the Colossal Titan fell off of the wall. Upon reaching the top, I saw tens of soldiers lying on the hot concrete, their skin red and burned. A few soldiers were conscious enough to move, the rest had been knocked unconscious. 

     Luckily enough Armin was one of the conscious ones.

     I ran up to him in a hurry, kneeling down, "A-are you okay?? Let's move you out of the sun..." Shade began covering part of the wall as the sun dipped lower in the sky. Was it already that late? I helped Armin out of the evening sun, he sat down in the shade and looked towards me, I offered him a smile, he looked towards the other injured soldiers. I glanced at the vast array of soldiers that still lay sprawled out. "Stay here, I'll help them," I instructed, which didn't happen. He stood along with me and helped to bandage the severely injured soldiers. Hange and Mikasa were among the injured.

     It took nearly an hour to bandage each soldier. Now that we were done, I had time to ask my questions. Hange had woken up now as the sun was completely below the horizon. I sat down with Hange and Armin in the shade of evening. We had to wait for the lifts to arrive to deliver horses to the other side of the wall.

     "What... what happened, exactly?" I asked them, Hange had been intently gazing at a map laid out in front of her. Her attention shifted to me, but Armin was the one who spoke up first. "We were checking for holes along the wall, and we didn't find any. Eren was talking to Reiner and Bertholdt, we aren't sure what about yet, but they transformed and took Eren..." He said grimly. I was in utter shock. Reiner and Bertholdt? The big brothers of the scouts? They were the Armored and Colossal Titans?? "You're sure about this?" I asked the duo, they both nodded their heads yes. Hange spoke up next, "We have figured out that they need Eren for some sort of task that they need to complete, but we have no idea what that might be yet." The brunette woman explained. I could only hum in response.

     "These two are having a difficult time with it," Hange told me, referring to Armin and Mikasa. Tears welled in my eyes. I understood. Eren meant the world to them, even if I wasn't as close to him as the other two, I could still feel their pain.

     And all I could do was wait.