"Oh my god, Camila is Bambi."

Turns out Camila was entirely serious about the matching socks.

The day before Christmas Eve she's texting you which you would prefer and you jokingly pick the gaudiest ones with a lime green christmas tree and glittery ornaments. She shows up at your doorstep with them an hour and a half later, excitedly telling you how glad she is you agreed to at least the socks. You don't have the heart to tell her they are the ugliest holiday socks you've ever seen.

But she's so thrilled about these goddamn socks, you're just giving her a weak smile and taking the second pair out of her hands. You consider all the long jeans you have that you'll be able to cover these up with...

"My mom is seriously stressing about what to bring to your parents' Christmas party," Camila says, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"Your parents only have to bring themselves and your little sister."

"And...?"

"And..." you pause dramatically, pretending to be deep in thought. "Oh yeah, I guess you too."

"I hate you," Camila deadpans, stepping inside and disappearing to look for Dash. You shut the door behind you and follow her into the living room.

"Now I know that's a lie. You said it yourself, Camz. I'm your best friend."

She returns with Dash in her arms, on his back and looking completely content. "Yeah well you're a crappy best friend. You've been demoted to a regular friend," Camila pouts as she kisses the top of Dash's head and you don't stop the smile at watching her with him.

"Whatever, we know I'm your favorite. But anyways, tell your mom not to worry about it. My mom usually cooks plenty and our relatives bring enough food as it is. She really doesn't need to bring anything."

"That's not going to stop her but okay."

You watch the way Camila coddles your dog for a minute before speaking up again. "You know, since I'm home for break you don't need to still come by and watch him, right?"

She looks up at you almost as if she'd forgotten you were there. "Oh, yeah I know that. I came over so we could nap."

That...wasn't at all what you were expecting.

"What?"

"A nap. Let's take one."

"You came all the way over here just to take a nap together?" your voice is a little incredulous but also cooing at the idea of Camila wanting to co-nap. She rolls her eyes at your words.

"Yes, I trekked the whole perilous fifty feet separating our houses so that we could nap together. Don't act like you didn't enjoy it last time."

You have to bite the inside of your cheek at how suggestive Camila's words always seem to come out. But she's not wrong, you did enjoy yourself last time.

"Besides, you have to so that you can keep your title as best friend."

"I'll get demoted otherwise?"

"Exactly," Camila nods emphatically as she carries Dash towards the stairs. She looks back at you once to make sure that you're following. Your feet decide on their own as they're only a few steps behind her, apparently unphased by the fact that Camila wants to nap in your room, in your bed.

"Why are you always napping anyways? What do you do at night that you're not sleeping?" you question as you two climb the stairs.

She only shrugs. "Tumblr, usually."

When you're both inside your room, Dash jumps from Camila's arms, moving over to the little dog bed you've always had for him beside your own bed. Camila only pouts.