Knowing him well.

~Time skip brought to you by wanting it more than the person who has it~

""What the hell?" I whispered as Rocket and Drax limped aboard the ship followed by Groot who was currently sporting an armless look. "What happened?" I enquired.

"Just a scratch." Drax ensured me.

"We had a little run in with officers after a little black market shopping." Rocket explained.

"I am Groot."

"Yeah, and we would've won too if this guy," Rocket pointed to Drax, "hadn't got in my way and PREVENTED ME FROM AIMING!"

"Rocket calm down!" Quill yelled.

"No Quill! HE USED HIS BLOODY OUTRAGEOUS STRENGTH TO BUST MY GUN!"

"I am sure it was merely an accident." Gamora cut in.

Rocket threw the bag off his back towards Quill and heading to the main area.

"Your stuff Quill, I got all the things you asked for." You noticed he wasn't carrying one of the guns he had left with earlier and softly smiled. I guess he really would do, or in this case sell, anything for family. "I'm off to fix my now RUINED gun. If he dares to follow me, I'LL KILL HIM."

I swallowed hard. He's been angry at the others before and usually I stayed away to let him cool off and maybe talk to Groot about it to feel better, but this time was different. He was injured. And I was the nurse.

"Drax come here, I'll fix you up first, your wound is minor. This won't hurt." I patched him up, a small bandage to his arm and a plaster/band-aid just above his eyebrow, I kept on looking to the stairs as I helped Drax and Groot; I could stop thinking about his wound, it was huge.

"You okay?" I asked Groot after sitting him down. He just nodded and looked in the direction Rocket left in. "Don't worry, I'll fix him up." I smiled and grabbed my larger first aid kit. 'Here goes nothing.' I shuddered before heading to Rocket's room.

"Hey, mind if I come in." I asked knocking on his door. There was no reply. "Righto, I'm coming in."

"Hey wait!" Rocket exclaimed.

I stopped dead in my track, a deep red blush spreading across my face as he quickly pulled his blood-stained clothes back on.

"Sorry..." I mumbled.

"No, I'm sorry for not answering, I should have said something." He scratched the back of his neck as he took a seat on his bed. "Come in, what did you want?"

"Oh. I...er... Came to check on your wound, it's- "

"It's fine."

I scowled. "It's not fine Rocket It- "

"-Will heal." His voice got louder with each syllable.

"Rocket!" I yelled.

He looked up at me, a little taken aback by my shouting at him.

"It is a deep wound, it will not heal by itself, it needs medical attention! If it doesn't get cleaned and patched up, you will get seriously sick and could even die!" It came out so cruelly, I didn't intend for it to sound cold, but I had done so and now Rocket was staring at me in awe.

"Woah, umm okay. You can look at it."

I put my kit on the floor and knelt in front of him, examining the deep cut in his leg. "Sorry Rocket," I began, as I pulled out the required equipment. "I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just worried about you."

"Yeah I know."

"What were you going out for?" I enquired, trying to start up a conversation with him.

"I was out for...doesn't matter, but that idiot got in my way. Groot was helping him get some new blades but he got into trouble and I had to get him out of it." He was getting angry and I did not want to face that ferocity while I was manually stitching up his skin.

"How's the upgrade coming along." I changed the subject. "Were you getting parts for that?"

"I, er, yeah. I was." He stuttered. "It's coming along quite nicely; I think you should have a look at it. It would be a good learning experience." He stated. "You could even watch how I do it if you like, it's a little difficult but it makes my load lighter if I'm not here or available if it breaks, then they can pester you to fix it."

I laughed. "Sure Rocket I'd love too." I packed my equipment away and stood up. "Now let's take a look at the rest of you, I don't want you to have any wounds undressed."

I swear the room fell silent.

Shit, that sounded weird.

"Rocket. I-I didn't mean-"

He stood up on the bed and pulled his suit down to his waist revealing the top half of his body. 'Muscular' was literally the only thing I could think as he turned around to let me examine his back. He turned his head and I felt a strong blush rise to my face.

He chuckled. "Like what you see?"

I shook my head to break through the trance and looked him over properly.

"You don't seem to have any wounds on your back but there is a slight one on you shoulder." I analysed.

Rocket turned and sat back down on the bed as I cleaned and covered it up.

"I," He cleared his throat, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I smiled and left him to change out of his bloody clothes.

I blew out a long breath, sliding down his door once it was closed and sat on the floor for a while. I had never been so flustered in my life. Just keeping it in was hard enough. I kept mentally slapping myself when my hands started to roam to places they were not meant to. God, I hoped he hadn't noticed. I got up off the floor and headed to my room, I needed a little time to myself. I was half way through my door when I heard:

"I am Groot."

"Hi Groot." I grinned. He held his half-grown arm out to me, and attached to the end was an orange lily and three oak leaves. It was then that I decided I'd have to look up what it was he was saying with these flowers, and leaves now it seemed.

"Thanks. I need to have a lie down right now; I'll talk to you later okay?" I said. He nodded and I slid through my door.

Sighing I lay on my hammock, completely drained and fell asleep."