Chapter 10- "On one condition Kingston "

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,

So tell me what you want, what you really really want,

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,

So tell me what you want, what you really really want,

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

- Spice Girls

~*~

Skylar's POV:

Atkins.

Rebecca Atkins. She was who I was fighting.

I already fought a few girls before this but just by looking at her I could tell she was going to be my toughest opponent yet; not that it scared me in the slightest.

These types of fights don't have a lot  restrictions.  You can try anything to win; as long as you play by the rules.

I still remember the day I cut my long hair that I was growing for years. I soon found that it was easier for me to fight with shorter hair rather than long.

She was conspicuously taller than me and had an extremely fit body. if I wasn't used to fighting, I would be intimated By the girl standing  just metres in front of me.

Her characteristics oozed of confidence and her black shorts seemed to make her pale skin more illuminated in the night. Just by looking at her you could tell that she's done this many many times.

No matter how many times I've done this, I always get nervous right before a fight. I remember the first time I fought. I failed miserably. My failure was almost laughable. I cried like a baby straight after, wondering why I couldn't even get a punch in.

It took me some common sense to realise I wasn't strong enough at the time. That was before I met Barbara and started training in the gym regularly.

I was a naïve and broken girl that believed everything Her father said about her was true. At times I still believe it true.

Over the years I've learnt to block out the dull aching pain I feel whenever I'm remind of the things 'he' said.

My ritual before my is to chant ‘You are not a weak, pathetic girl.' over and over in my head while I'm warming up in the boxing ring.

It works most of the time but I have to admit there are a few times I let it get to me. It hit me especially hard when I found out all the things that Brandon had said were lies.

Never again will I let any boy in like that.

“Kingston, your up."

Breathe in Skylar. This is your element, where you belong. Think positive. Its just you and another egotistical girl who needs to be taken down a notch.

A smirk spread on my face as I  got into my position.

“Rebecca isn't it?" I asked cocking an eyebrow up and keeping a blank face.

“Yea and you?"

“Kingston." I replied simply.

“Kingston? What no first name?" She joked.

“Just Kingston." I smirked at her knowing my cool act was somehow getting to her. “Lets cut the chit chat, I came here to brawl."

“Bring it." She pushed trying to look as confident as possible.