Chapter 32: Gain

"You should at least take a bath! Come down already!" barked your old man."Is (nickname) still giving you a hard time?" giggled a woman from another room, and the man sighed. "Did you try with her favorite treats?"
"I won't give her candies before she goes to sleep!"
"And you say I'm the 'mother hen'?" she scoffed back and your old man groaned while facepalming himself. "Where is she? In her room?"

"That's not the problem..."

Your old man gazed toward where you stood inside your bedroom. You were trying to hide yourself above the shelves that decorated your room, filled with books and useless junks. You hissed at the man like a cat; he could easily imagine your hair lifting in a way to threaten him. He noticed that your right eye was purple, and knew that he had to be careful or else you would enter a Realm to kick his ass. Which in the end was unnecessary since you were already aware that he was stronger than you.

Your old man that wanted to be called 'Daddy' or 'Ray-san' sighed and sat down on your bed, patting the spot next to him.

"I won't do anything. Please, sit with me..."
"Don't want" you replied, eyes narrowed into slits.

You learned not too long ago some words, since he was trying to teach and educate you. But that idiot was failing terribly because he didn't even have one to begin with. So the woman in this house mostly did those chores. They were called 'chores' because of your habit of trying to avoid at any cost those times.

"If you come down from here, I will read your favorite story"
"It sucks"
"Where did you learn those words from?!"
"From you"

"She's right" you overhead the voice of the woman.

"Arg, don't push it! Come down already, you little brat!"

"Fuck you"

"Still you, Ray-san"

The man slapped a hand over his face, letting himself fall down on your bed. From the top of your shelf, you could hear your old guy's groan. You rolled your eyes and turned around to face the wall, crossing your arms over your chest. Lifting his hand, he gazed at your form and let out a sigh, before a smile stretched on his face.

"(y/n)~...I got something for you~" sing sang your old man.

"What you want idiot?!" you spat the words slowly, not used to speak his language.

"You will really need more practice to form a sentence..." he muttered to himself, but then shook his head. "Anyway, I have a gift for you"

"What..." you searched for the right word, grunting slightly. "...is thing gift?"

"Jump down from here first..."