Chapter 31

*Swathi Pov*

"Water!" I heard the voice and immediately moved from my bed to fill the glass fuming inside with frustration.

"Here!" I said, walking near the person who had just his hand in a cast, but have perfect legs, which he can't use or just decided not to use.

"Go ahead!" he said not even glancing at me, but typing something on his mobile with his good hand while keeping the device on his lap.

I would love to go ahead and throw this on that phone which he can use with the hand, but not to hold the glass and drink.

What am I doing by being at his beck and call during these few days while he is finding new ways to irritate me? I thought, frowning, but then shook my head.

If I had not known the reason behind his behavior I would have dumped this water on his face but I know the reason. I never in my wildest imagination thought that one lie would be the result of someone to get hurt.

Well, I earned this game of his and the hostility, but I would not become some meek person for a mistake I did before I started loving him. I can't change myself, right?

So, when he added, saying, "Can't you see I am thirsty? How much time does it take for one simple task?", I held his hair with one hand before pulling it with a little force and pressed the glass to his lips.

He glared at me after covering his shock, but I continued to make him sip not giving him a chance to say anything else.

"There! Now, you can go back to the task which is the only one you seem to be capable of." I said pointing his mobile and walked out of the room.

Why am I making him more angry at me? Maybe I should be that meek person only and then he would forget the past. But I will be someone else, right?

"Ms. Guptha!" his shout made me close my eyes understanding his another way of saying he is indifferent to me.

When he suddenly started calling me by my name I felt irritated for a few days, but got adjusted and maybe more adapted to it. However, now the same old name is making me wish he would just let me explain.

"I am not Ms. Guptha." I said, returning to the room to see him sitting on the bed with legs on the floor.

"Then what are you? Anyway, I need to go to the hospital." Saying that he looked at me and I closed my eyes counting to ten before moving near him.

But then realizing something I smiled making him frown at me. I smiled more before moving near him before placing my hands on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, James. I will help you to stand up." I whispered it after bending a little near his face to stare straight at him.

I moved my hands down and moved them slowly over his midriff to encircle him, but he immediately pushed me away with his good hand before standing up for himself.

"Wow! That's quiet a miracle. How were you able to stand?" I asked him in a wondering voice making him fume but he walked to the cupboard.

"These things I will do it." Saying the I moved beside him before opening the door and when he tried to take out the shirt I took it before he touches it and the same thing I did for his bottoms.

"You can go out." He said, moving back when I laid them on the bed.

"Why? These three days you made me stand here with my back while you are changing. What is new today?" I asked, staring at him.

"I don't need your assistance." He replied, but I shook my head.

"Do you remember what you said yesterday when I said you can eat with the spoon? You said I am your assistant. This is very bad of you to change your words like this." I said to which he smirked.