human nature

Unedited.

OK so some of my readers are having a bit of a problem with reading as some of the words or sentences just keep on disappearing. I don't know why this happens but if it happens to you . You can just message me and I will try my best to fix it. Also if anyone knows why this happens please let me know.

After Leon's big confession I hear a loud sound of someone being slapped.

Really hard.

And I back up a bit.

Human beings are all very cowardly in nature.

Most of us when faced with a do or die situation end up running away most of the times. So after hearing that Leon wasn't really Adele's son and someone being slapped. I had a very strong urge to  just run  away.

But I had no where to run off to and the tray I was holding was getting really heavy for me to carry. Yes people I wasn't very athletic shocking, I know.

But I was also just a teensy bit curious to know who had been slapped.
So I walk inside by making a bit of noise so it would seem like I had just come.

And inside I see something I had pretty much expected, Adele was on the floor and Mr.Adami was standing above her.

Leon and Max both stood away from their parents with their fists clenched.

The tension in the room was so thick that you could probably cut it with a knife.

This was a typical scene from a typical Italian mafia family. It didn't matter whose fault it was, women were the only ones who got punished.

Mr.Adami was about to open his mouth again when I clear my throat and all eyes turn to me.

I look at Adele with pity in my eyes but she looks down.

Mr.Adami kicks her near her thighs and she whimpers but doesn't cry out loud.

I look towards Leon and Max and for the first time since I have met them, they look weak.

Helpless little boys who can do nothing while their father hits their mother.

Leon doesn't look like the arrogant ass he usually is,  instead he looks almost... Almost ashamed.

And it makes me realize something.

Something I don't want to acknowledge.

Leon and me.

Him and I.

We aren't so different after all.

Everyone in life is helpless in someway no matter how strong they maybe.

Even an Italian Mafia's Capo.

"If you want to argue some more, you may continue." Mr.Adami says.

But no one dares to say anything.

Mr.Adami chuckles slightly "Ah so no one has anything to say now? No one?" He looks around.

"OK since no one has anything to say so I guess I should say something".

He goes to sit down on the sofa and with a hand gesture calls me closer.

I gulp and walk towards him.

Holding my breath.

Bracing myself.

But all he does is take the coffee mug from the tray and continues speaking.