Chp 2: Threat in Alexandria

"Rick!"  Michonne called out, catching up to him on the footpath. Rick turned around, his hands placed on his hips. Their eyes locked and stayed that way for what seemed like ages. Rick knew what the conversation was going to be about. She hated the idea of keeping Negan in that cell.

"Why are we still doing this?" She asked. "It has been a month already, Rick."

Ricks eyes trailed the ground, he'd already been through this enough times and he was slightly annoyed. He hated the fact that Michonne was unhappy but he thought what he was doing was better. He wasn't ready to end Negan's life. He wanted him to suffer just like his victims did. Before the war, Daryl suggested it to Rick. He even gave him the idea of playing repeated songs constantly. For the whole month, Rick had been thinking of what Daryl was up to and he hoped he was handling everything okay. The sight of Daryl sobbing over Carol's body broke him and after the quick funeral up at Hill Top, Daryl decided to stay there with Maggie, Tara, Enid and Jesus. Since then, Rick hadn't seen him.

"Michonne," He started. "I know how you feel about this but there's no rush. It's not like he can escape, he's locked up tight in there and has an untreated broken leg."

Michonne rolled her eyes and sighed.

"I bet no one is even watching him right now. Just because we bet them, doesn't mean everything is going to suddenly fall back in place. We are NEVER safe. That's what you told us before we even heard of the saviours. You said, 'never let your guard down' now look at you, you're being foolish"

 Before Rick could reply, the sound of the gates opening distracted him. The couple both looked towards the gates with squinted eyes.

"It's Jesus." Michonne said with a smile and started walking. Rick followed behind.

"Rick!" Paul called, jogging towards them.

"Jesus." Rick responded. "Everything alright at Hill top?"

"Yeah." He said after catching his breath. "It's just tha-"

"And Daryl?" Rick cut off. Jesus paused for a while and the look of concern washed over Michonne's face.

"Jesus. Is Daryl alright?" Michonne asked.

"Y-yeah he just... he's not always in the best state of mind, you know? Most of the time he doesn't even bother to be around anyone" Paul answered trying to figure out the right words to use. Rick nodded, knowing how Daryl usually takes all the blame, knowing that weight would eventually break him. He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, trying to think of something to say about the situation.

"Did... he do anything stupid?" Rick then asked.

"No. Not yet anyway..."

"You must be here for a good reason." Michonne said. "So what is it?" Paul gave her a short smile and looked back towards Rick.

"I need a favour and no, there is no hard work or any trading I want from you, I just need you to stay at Hill Top for a couple nights. That's it."

"Why?" Rick asked sternly. Paul chuckled.

"What do you think?" He asked in a 'duh' tone "Daryl needs you. It has been a month of him being alone and miserable, he needs the rest of his family."

"Yeah..."

"You can take whoever you want, of course." Paul added. Rick nodded and motioned Paul to follow him.

"Before I do anythin, I needa find someone to keep watch of Negan." Rick said.

"You're still keeping him alive, huh?" Jesus asked with a frown. A twisted smile formed on Rick's face. Michonee rolled her eyes speeding up her pace so she was ahead.

"He's suffering good." Rick chuckled, picturing Negan rolling around on the cold stone floor, covering his ears as easy street played over and over. Paul swallowed uncomfortably and didn't bother to ask anything else.

_________________________________

After the moment with Tara, Daryl spent the rest of the day dozing on the couch. He wasn't tired, he just wanted to ignore the world for a while.

He woke up to the sound of Maggie calling his name from outside and knocking the door. He groaned and made his way to the front door expecting another lecture to happen but instead, Daryl saw Maggie grin ear to ear as he opened the door.

"C'mon Daryl, there are a few people who are dyin to see you." Daryl gave her a look of confusion but nodded and followed her outside.      

Daryl's heart stopped as he saw the RV slowly drive through the gates just behind Paul's vehicle. Daryl looked over to Maggie who was still grinning.

"Jesus bring em ere?" He asked. Maggie nodded and slightly pushed Daryl towards them. He started walking as his family stood out of the RV one at a time. When he got close enough, all eyes were on him. Rick, Michonne, Carl, Judith, Aaron, Eric and Rosita were all there. Rick was the first to approach Daryl and pull him into a hug. Daryl hugged back and it lasted quite a while until Rick let go for everyone else to greet him. Paul stood beside the car with arms crossed, smiling at the scene.

"Alright everyone," Rick started. "Get yer things" Daryl's head shot up and another look of confusion appeared on his face. Rick smirked at his reaction.

"We're stayin for a couple days." He simply told him.

"You are?" Daryl asked with hope in his voice.

"Of course." He kindly said, resting a hand on the archer's shoulder. "I miss my brother."

♥  ______________________ ♥

Wooo! Finally did the second chapter. I know it's a bit shorter but i'll make it up to ya'll with an extra long third.

I have a question for yous...

Should things go slow with Daryl and Jesus as they build up a relationship leading to something more or do you think it should happen all of a sudden like... unexpectedly?

imma let my Desus fam decide  xx