Epilogue

Everywhere I looked were people dressed in black, tears falling down their cold rosy cheeks. I held a small yellow candle in my hands like everyone else. We all surrounded the dark wooden coffin five feet away from us with our breaths making a smoke cloud in front of our faces in the bitter winter air.

Evan stood close beside me, holding his candle as if his life depended on it. The dark air filled our surroundings making the candle light seem more golden and soothing.

I've tried so many times to not trip over the other grave headstones beside us, considering I'm a clumsy person. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

I look down at the coffin like everyone else, everything was silent except for the crickets making their noise in the background. It seemed like such a light evening, but the weight on everyone's hearts made the tension grow even more.

"Goodnight Kase." I whisper before setting down my candle on the grass right beside her polished coffin. I couldn't help but break out into tears as everyone else said their goodbyes and set the candle down.

"Does anyone want to share any memories? Please do, so we can write them down and tell Kasey's little brother what kind of person his sister was. We want as much memories of her written out as possible." Kasey's mother says softly.

I look down at the note cards in my hands before shoving them back in my pocket, I re-adjust my mittens before raising my hand.

"Go ahead Wild." Kasey's mother says with a supporting smile.

I walk up to the front of the coffin as everyone's eyes laid on me causing me to shift nervously.

It's okay, you can do this.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I am Kasey's best friend. We met at the beginning of the year, and at first, I was closed off, I never really had any friends so when Kasey talked to me. I was shell shocked, I tried to push her away but no matter what, she was b-beside me." I tremble out.

"Kasey was a fun-loving person who absolutely loved The Vampire Diaries," I smile at the memory as everyone chuckles sadly "She was too good for me. I am a foster kid who had to move to another home for, purposes. And instantly Kasey was the first one to step up to help me. She was always there when I needed it, whether it was a movie marathon or a random trip to the ice cream shop, she was always there. She was actually the one who told me to stay away from Evan Sheperds, because he was bad news. But little did she know that they would easily bond, we all became the best trio. Of course including Ryan and Erick. Kasey never deserved this, she deserved something more. She deserved everything good the world had to offer. And I am forever grateful, that I got to have this beautiful crazy girl as my best friend." At the end I let the tears fall freely down my cheeks, I thanked the lord above that I wore water-proof mascara today.

"That was great." Evan says with a small smile.

"Thanks."

I sniffle and rub my frigid cold hands together. Why did the ceremony have to be in the winter? I shrug it off and sink further in my jacket.

More people went up and shared memories which made us smile, laugh, and cry.

Afterwords I walked up to Kasey's mother.

"Here's my notecards for the speech I gave, I was going to use them but I decided not to. I'm giving you this for Patrick. I know you want him to know what his older sister was like. So here's all the memories." I say with another sad smile, handing over the notecards.

"And I just want to say thank you. Thank you so much for letting me stay at your house, and for letting me be best friends with your daughter." I nod my head towards her.

"Of course. Sh-She truly loved you Wild. Y-Your were her b-best friend." Kasey's mother trembles with tears brimming her eyes.

"Thank you." I smile as a lone tear fell down my cheek.

I look over at Patrick, his blonde hair falling over his big blue eyes. He had no idea what was happening, part of me was thankful because he's too young to face this kind of pain.

I look up at the dark sky, faded clouds filled the night sky including the small stars crowding then earth. The view calmed my nerves, suddenly a hand wrapped around mine. I look over at Evan, a small smile painted across his face. His eyes twinkled in the moonlight.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too." I smile as best as I could.

I'm so glad he's mine.

-

wow this was short af

awe it's over :(

*starts crying*

don't worry, bonus chapters are on their way ;) guys this was honestly one of my fav books i've written, not just because of the storyline, but because i got u guys as my readers. thank you with all my heart, ilysm xxx