3. Dangerous Blindness

"You are going to receive two meals per day and are allowed to use the washroom three times. I suggest you don't touch the force field, it would just cause unnecessary injuries. The interrogation is going to be tomorrow, the King is meanwhile otherwise occupied. Do you have any questions?" The Asgardian guard instructs the new female criminal before they enter the cell of the prison.

"Yeah, why are there hardly any women here, like none at all?" Aurora frowns. On the way to her cell, although her thoughts still circle around the Kree and Ophelia and distract her, she has only seen fallen warriors and monsters, all of them were men.

"This is pure coincidence, I believe." The guard awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"Okay, strange. And when will I get my stuff back? Well, the stuff that has survived the fire, I mean." She specifies with a sigh, thinking of the objects that carried a part of her personality. "And when will I get free? There's a girl I need to look out for."

"Both depends on the result of the interrogation." He assumes and steps out of the cell, locking her up by activating the force field. "In case of an emergency, especially because of the man in the cell next to you, call for help."

"Wait, what do you mean? What has the man done??" Aurora glances through the golden force field to her neighbor and her blue eyes widen when she realizes that it's the raven-haired man from the throne room.

"Stay away from him, Lady Aurora. He is dangerous and manipulative." With these words, the guard leaves her in utter confusion. Loki, who has noticed the arising fuss about him, doesn't bother to look up from his book though and keeps reading, aware of the effect of his reputation.

Looking around, Aurora only finds the small bed next to the wall. Apart from that, the cell is awfully blank and white, leaving a lonely impression. The auburn-haired girl receives inappropriate glances and flirting whistles from her neighbor across the corridor, so she decides to move closer to Loki's cell. No matter how dangerous he may be, he can't possibly be more intimidating than this gross perv in front of her.

Shit, how will I get out of here? I can't break out, I know nothing about this planet, I also don't have a ship. I need to make sure that Ophelia is safe, but how? Ugh, I guess I don't have another choice but to wait for the interrogation. At least I got rid of the Kree.

Firstly, she doesn't really know what to do and paces awkwardly around, trying to analyze the functionality of the force field. It's really a new level of technology that she hasn't seen yet, not until now. Even though the uproar of the others fills the air, there is still this uncomfortable silence between her and Loki's cell, they are the only prisoners that remain quiet. Her arm still burns but she suppresses the pain and tries to distract herself.

Aurora looks at Loki's cell whilst walking around and notices the huge bed, a whole pile of books, tables and chairs. It doesn't look like a cell, more like a luxurious little apartment, he even has blankets. What gives him the right to be so privileged? The other prisoners have like her just a small bed with a pillow while the raven-haired man also has things for entertainment. He must be a noble man, no, even someone with a higher status.

"Stop." Loki's demand breaks the silence between them and makes her frown. His emerald eyes are still focused on the book page.

She is taken aback by his surprisingly smooth voice and his sudden interest to talk to her. "Stop what?"

"Stop walking like a hideous fool, mortal. It only increases my bad temper." His words leave her with a lifted eyebrow. He certainly would kill her just to never be annoyed by her presence again if there wasn't the force field between them. Besides that, he wouldn't know where to leave the body.