Episode 10 - Happy Birthday Jughead

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

Weekdays, from 8:25 a.m. to 3:01 p.m., we adhere to a strict regimen. Everything in our lives controlled.

But then something like the murder of Jason Blossom happens, and you realize there is no such thing as control. There is only chaos.

Nevertheless, some of us strive to impose and maintain order in what is, fundamentally, an orderless world. A fact which would very soon be confirmed in ways none of us could have foreseen.

------------------------------  

---------- TIMESKIP (RIVERDALE HIGH) ---------

Diana and Betty brought Ronnie to the lounge to tell her about her dad.

"Veronica, there's something we need to talk to you about." Betty told her once they were all seated.

"Bring it. After the morning I've had, I'm ready for just about anything." Ronnie said as she placed her coffee cup on the table.

"Okay, well, you know Daniel and Diana were with the Blossoms. While their board was in town, Daniel, um..." Betty trailed off then nudged Diana.

"Why don't you tell her? You were there too. And he's your brother." Betty told her.

"I didn't actually hear the conversation, but, okay." Diana said as she sighed.

"Why is this suddenly feeling like a friend-tervention?" Ronnie asked the two of them.

"Danny overheard Mr. Blossom say he's the one responsible for your dad being arrested and put in jail." Diana told her.

"Are you kidding? Why the hell would Clifford Blossom have anything to do with why he's in prison?" She asked them both.

---------- TIMESKIP (LATER THAT MORNING || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Betty and Archie were walking along the hallways together, talking.

"Hey, you may or may not know this, but it's Jughead's birthday." Archie admitted to her and Betty's eyes widened.

"What? And he didn't say anything?" Betty told him.

"It's tomorrow, and he doesn't like making a big deal out of it. Every year, he goes to a double feature at the Bijou. It's like this tradition. Last few years, I've been his movie-buddy. But now that he has a girlfriend..." Archie trailed off, looking at Betty.

"Well, of course, I'll take him. But you should still come with us." Betty invited.

"No. I don't wanna be a third wheel." Archie replied.

"Come on. It'll be like old times." Betty said with a laugh, hugging him sideways.

"The Three Musketeers." He laughed.

"Actually, Archie, there were four Musketeers." Betty said, getting an idea.

"I'll see you later, Betty." Archie laughed before leaving.

---------- TIMESKIP (LUNCH PERIOD || RIVERDALE HIGH CAFETERIA) ----------

Archie, Diana, Kevin, Betty and Veronica were all seated at a table in the cafeteria. Daniel was still giving Ronnie her wanted space and Jughead was nowhere to be seen.