Episode 11 - Riverdale Homecoming

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

People like to say that the death of Jason Blossom changed everything at Riverdale High. But certain things, certain traditions never change.

Take Homecoming, for instance. Though Jason's jersey had been retired, the Riverdale Bulldogs would still be playing their arch-rivals, the Baxter High Ravens, with the River Vixens cheering them on.

As in previous years, graduates from days of Riverdale Past will come to town to relive their more youthful, more carefree days. Or to make up for lost time.

------------------------------  

---------- (RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Diana was walking with Daniel along the school's busy hallways when Archie caught up with them.

"Di, wait up. Hey, I just wanted to explain why I didn't call after the party. My mom showed up out of nowhere." He told her.

"Aunt Mary's back? That's great, Arch. How has she been doing?" Diana asked him.

"Wait, are we seriously not gonna talk about what happened between us?" Archie asked her, forgetting that Daniel was there.

"Wait, what?" Danny backtracked and Diana stopped walking and turned to him.

"Leave, Danny. I'll see you later." She said with a laugh as she kissed his cheek and continued walking, Archie following her.

When the crowd thinned in the hallways, she pulled him to the side.

"Arch, we had a moment. A beautiful moment that went farther than any of our moments before. And I'm sorry to say but, don't get used to it yet, Arch. As much as I adore you, I still have a lot of issues I need to work on. Issues regarding-" Diana explained and Archie cut her off.

"Regarding Jason, I know. I'm not trying to talk to you about it because I wanted to know when we'd be doing it again, I wanted to talk about it, because I wanted to be sure you didn't regret anything that we said or did." Archie told her.

"I don't. I promise you, I don't. Just be a little more patient with me, please. Until I find out who killed Jason, I don't think I'll ever have the closure I need. But you, Archibald Andrews, are an amazing boyfriend. And you make me so, so, happy." She said with a sweet smile as she stepped forward into his arms which wrapped around her waist and hers around his neck.

She rubbed their noses together before leaning up to kiss the tip of his nose.

"Let's prove that statement at the Homecoming Dance. And maybe finally sing that duet together?" He asked her as he kissed her forehead.

"Hmmm... Fine then. But you better not replace me this time around." Diana teased him.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Archie told her before he kissed her.

---------- TIMESKIP (LUNCH PERIOD|| OUTSIDE TABLES) ----------

Ronnie, Daniel, Diana, Archie, Betty, Jughead and Kevin were all seated in a table outside when Cheryl approached the group.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I have an announcement to make. One that tangentially involves Polly." She said and everyone turned to look at her.

"I'm bringing Polly to the dance as my date, and Diana and I are campaigning as co-queens of Homecoming Court." Cheryl informed them.