Episode 13 - Bittersweet Endings

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

-------------------------------

---------- (AT SWEETWATER RIVER) ----------

The gang arrived at the place and ran around trying to look for signs of Cheryl anywhere.

"Cheryl?"

"Cheryl?"

"Cheryl?"

They stopped as they reached the edge of the forest and near the frozen river.

"She's not here." Archie stated as they stopped to catch their breath.

"Over there! Oh, my God. She's over there!" Betty pointed to a figure bobbing in the snow.

"Cheryl!" They all cried as they started to run towards her.

"Cheryl, stop! What are you doing?" Daniel angrily cried out at her.

"Wait, wait! Wait, Jug!" Archie warned Jughead who stepped into the ice that was over the river.

"The ice. He's right. Too much weight, and we'll all go under." Jughead informed them.

"Cheryl!" Archie shouted to get her attention.

"Cheryl, please. Just come to the shore and we'll figure this out together, okay?" Ronnie pleaded.

"Fuck this. I'm not losing her too." Diana said as she ran out to the river and arrived just in time to see Cheryl fall down the hole she made.

"NO!" She screamed as she ran faster to where she last saw the redhead. She was already looking around when the other's reached her.

"The current has her." Daniel pointed out.

"Spread out, spread out!" Jughead ordered and they began clearing the snow on top of the ice to see the water below.

"She's here! She's here!" Archie cried out and they all ran towards him.

Archie started to punch the ice.

"Arch, be careful!" Diana told him with tears in her eyes.

Soon, Daniel joined in and together, they tried to break the wall of ice that prevented them from rescuing their friend. Blood soon coated the ice but neither of them stopped as the others tried to call around for help. Soon the ice broke and Archie and Danny pulled Cheryl out the water. Archie started doing chest compressions while Daniel did mouth to mouth. Cheryl soon spit out the water that was in her lungs and Archie carried her back to the car.

---------- (LATER THAT DAY || EVERGREEN MANOR) ----------

Cheryl was seated in front of the fireplace in Evergreen Manor with a blanket around her.

"Hey." Diana smiled weakly as she sat beside her.

"Hot chocolate? With a little splash of peppermint liqueur." Danny stated as he sat on Cheryl's other side.

"Thank you." Cheryl told the both of them.

"No problem. Are you warm enough?" Diana asked as she fixed the blanket on Cheryl to make it cover her more since Daniel couldn't do it because of the broken hand he had sustained from punching the ice.

"Why did you do it, Cher-bear?" Danny asked her as Diana stopped messing with the blankets and turned to her as well.

"I just felt like I wasn't needed or wanted anymore. First, Jay-Jay's gone and now daddy is as well. And mommy won't even let me mourn properly. I just wanted it all to end. I wanted to be with Jay-Jay so I didn't have to feel anything, anymore. I guess mom really was right. The Blossom family name is cursed. I'm kind of glad that Nate's last name is Kennedy." Cheryl confessed.