Chapter 5

Natasha had picked Alex up from Sam's the next day and explained what she promised was everything. Alex didn't entirely believe her, but she was happy to be included again so she didn't question it.

They were going to find Ultron, a sentient, violent robot made by Tony and Bruce. That was the first thing Alex didn't believe- she knew Bruce, admittedly not as well as she knew the others, but she still considered him family and found it hard to believe that he was capable of making anything evil. Tony, perhaps. Especially if it was an accident like Natasha said. But Bruce, in his Bruce form was incapable of hurting anyone.

"Ready, Vanisher?" Natasha asked, "We don't know what to expect, so be prepared for anything."

Apparently Tony hadn't wanted to include Alex in this mission, citing it was too dangerous. That was another thing Alex didn't believe, Tony was always the one pushing for her to be included even more.

"I'm ready."

Natasha offered her arm, and Alex teleport them both into the ship where Ultron was meant to be. The moment they landed, Natasha was firing at something behind Alex.

Alex teleported again, landing a few feet away from Thor. Two knives appeared in her hands and she threw them at a robot thing thing flying towards her.

"Alessandra!" Thor held out a hand for a knife and Alex threw one to him.

"I've told you Thor, it's Alex. Not Alessandra, Alex." She was knocked suddenly, and the knife she was holding slipped out of her hands to land on the floor below.

"Behind!"

Alex spun around, summoning another knife and throwing it into another sentries head. "Bullseye." she cried, rolling forward and retrieving it. Above her, the real Ultron and Iron man fought together

"Hey, Vanisher," someone shouted as she attacked another soldier. She turned her head and saw Cap, charging towards her. As he neared her she grabbed his arm, pulling him closer, before teleporting them into the air. She managed to hold them up there for a few seconds by clicking her fingers repeatedly, which gave Cap time to take out a few more soldiers. They then dropped to the ground, and Alex sprinted off to pick up the two lost knives.

A wind blew her hair up before she could, and she felt the lightest pressure on her forehead before her hood was yanked back. Behind her, Steve was knocked onto the ground, nose bleeding.

"Fuck." Someone swore, and Alex turned to see Pietro rubbing his knuckles, her circlet balanced on his head, "He should be the one named Iron Man."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex didn't even try hide her surprise.

"I could ask the same of you. Ultron didn't mention you at all." He sounded bitter, though whether it was at Alex or Ultron, she couldn't tell.

"You're working for Ultron?"

"With him. Seems we have similar goals in mind."

"Like what?"

He had her in a chokehold before she'd even noticed he'd been preparing to move, "I can hurt you faster than you can get away."

Alex's hand, which had been poised to snap, fell back down to her side. Within a second, the scenery had changed as Pietro moved her to a more secluded section of the ship.

"Good choice. Now, what do think is worse for Stark? Having him find your body, or killing you in front of him."

"Killing me in front of him, definitely." The friendliness of Pietro from the last time had gone completely. Considering she had been the only one he hadn't immediately fought the last time, Alex had to assume that her trick to get away had actually had an effect on him.