2 - the universe wants me to be straight

Carl's POV

The next day, I was awake before everyone else. So I quickly changed and ran downstairs and sat down at the table, after grabbing a pop tart and putting it in the toaster. I scrolled threw my phone to see messages from Kade, Stacey and Bella, all of them asking me to go out tonight, but for once, I turned it down.

"Why are you up so early?" Fiona asked when I grabbed my, now, toasted pop tart and sat back down.

"I was over thinking last night and couldn't sleep," ever since I got back from juvie, I never kept anything from Fiona, well besides the whole Clay thing.

"Over thinking about Bella?" She asked. I stared at the table as I chewed on the strawberry pop tart as I nodded. She sighed telling me that everything will work out, but I don't believe her because it's not a girl this time.

It's a fucking boy.

I should really ask Ian or Mickey, but I'm scared. I know Ian is gay and we except him, but it's a scary thing to go through, I just have to try figure out. I pulled up my phone, and googled out 'ways to figure out if you're gay', and they were all bullshit. I sighed putting my phone back into my ass pocket of my demon ripped jeans as Lip, Ian, Debbie, Mickey and Liam came downstairs and crowded the table.

"Hey Carl," Ian said softly to me. I looked at him and nodded as I stood up.

"Where are you going so early?" Lip asked me as he poured a cup of coffee out while he was just wearing his boxer shorts.

"I've to do some thinking before school," I told him as I slammed the door behind me. I was half way down the street when Ian ran up beside me.

"Carl, are you okay?" He asked, not even panting as he got back into shape. I looked at him and nodded.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked him furrowing my eyebrows as I held onto the straps of my school bag.

"You seem to be acting weird lately, and I just wanted to make sure you're okay and, that you know that you can talk to me," Ian explained as he continued to walk with me.

"Thanks Ian, I'll keep that in mind," I told him before walking the other direction to the school, the long way. I took a deep breath just trying to comprehend the fact of me being gay.

It's not possible, I mean, I love girls and their bodies, but dudes. For some reason, Clay has me questioning everything about my sexuality. Like, if I really do love girls or if I love guys the way I should love girls? Being 17, and going through this is hard. Especially when everyone who is female, try put their hands down your pants at every opportunity they get.

The universe wants me to be straight, but I don't think that I want to be straight. I sighed walking up to school, with a massive headache. I tried avoid Kade, Stacey and Bella, but they were at my locker. As if the world is already against me.

"There you are!" Kade shouted once he seen me. Bella ran up and kissed me but I stopped her.

"What's wrong?" She asked offended as she pouted her pink coated lips. I stared at her, she was wearing a top that showed almost all of her cleavage, and a jeans that makes her butt look massive and juicy, but I didn't get turned on by her figure or appearance or her personality.

"I don't feel well," I mutter taking out my biology book, but Kade, he grabbed me and pinned me up against the lockers.

"The fuck do you mean you don't feel well?" He asked. I looked at him as if he had lost his fucking mind.

"Have you lost your goddamn mind?!" I yelled at Kade, once I was unpinned and back on the ground.

"You can't pin someone against a locker because they don't want to kiss someone as they are sick, so grow the fuck up Kade," I pushed past Kade, Stacey and Bella, grabbing everyone's attention as I just left school. I didn't even bother going to class.

-

Clay's POV

I waited patiently for Carl to walk into biology, he'd usually be here just before the teacher, so when she came in, I was surprised.

Carl never missed biology, I mean he hasn't even missed one class in the whole year, he loves it that much. Worry washed over my body throughout all of biology. I knew I would still go by the Gallagher household after school to make sure Carl was okay.

~

Once the school day ended, I walked towards the Gallagher household a little sceptical of knocking on the door, but when I did, Carl's older brother Lip opened the door.

"Is Carl home?" I asked him and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Carl!" Lip yelled allowing me in. I heard footstep come down the stairs, once the person was in view, I noticed it was Carl. He was wearing his pyjamas, but he still looked fucking cute as shit.

"Clay? What are you doing here?" He asked when he came fully downstairs. Lip disappeared leaving me and Carl standing there in the living room.

"You missed biology today, you never miss it," I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows as he grew pale white.

"I just wanted to come by to ask if you're okay? Oh and we don't have to work on the projects because their not due until Monday," I told him and he nodded sitting down waiting for me to sit beside him, which I did.

"I just didn't feel too good, so I came home," I knew Carl was lying to me, fuck I knew him like the back of my hand.

"Are you sure?" I asked, knowing not to push it. Carl nodded leaning his head into the back of the couch.

"So, will we work on the project tomorrow and not today?" I asked Carl, making him look over at me. He nodded softly. "I have to talk to Ian tonight," Carl whispered and I nodded.

"Well I hope you feel better Carl, I'll see you tomorrow," I smiled before leaving the Gallagher's. I couldn't get the image of Carl in his pyjamas out of my head as I walked down the cracked path of the south side.

Why him? Out of all people, why did I have to fall for a straight Gallagher?