FOURTY

It was around 2 in the morning and I was sitting on my bed in Sam and Emily's house. Everyone else was asleep besides me since I don't sleep. I was staring out of the screen window day dreaming or rather night thinking when a knock on the door startled me.
    I got up from the bed to see who it could possibly be at this time of night. I opened the door to see Embry with a worried expression on his face. "Em what's wrong? It's pretty late." I asked him. "I just talked to Jacob. He said they need you back at the house. He didn't tell me what but he said it was an emergency and he didn't look to good Britt. I really think something is wrong," he whispered to me so we didn't wake anyone else up since the rest of the pack was sprawled out across the living room asleep.
     "Oh god," I sighed. "If I leave now will you tell everyone else that I had to go back since there was a family emergency?" I asked him. "For sure. Be safe Britt," he told me pulling me in for a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck enjoying his embrace. "I love you Britt," he whispered in my ear. "You know I love you too," I said just like we always do. We're best friends so of course we say this to each other all time time.
I pulled back first and he unwrapped his arms from around me. What he did next I was not expecting. He kissed me.
I immediately pulled a way pushing him back lightly. "Embry what are you doing?" I asked shocked. "You can't go back to him Britt." He said firmly. "Yes I can and I will. He's my mate Embry. He made one mistake." I said getting aggravated.
"Your right he did make a mistake. It wasn't an accident it was a mistake." He spat at me. "Just like this," I hissed at him. I pushed him out of my way and stormed out of the room. The screen door slamming behind me was the last thing I heard after Embry grunting out of anger.