Chapter 25

MISSIO - Twisted

Reece

I glared back at her, panting.

She smiled at me, her fiery eyes narrowed. Her hair was wrapped up on top of her head, and she wore a long black dress made of a thin material. It was covered in intricate designs and trailed after her feet as she stepped away from her throne.

"You know, you're not that smart," she said, stopping in front of me. She shrugged suddenly, putting her hands behind her back.

"Oh, well. I'll have someone else finish the job."

"No."

Her body froze, and she met my gaze with a slightly baffled look.

"What did you just say?" She asked, still smiling at me.

"No, Aphro. I'm done playing your games."

Her smile fell.

"Oh, we'll see about that," she sneered. 

A black smoke shot out of her hands towards me, and I rolled to avoid the hit. I looked to see it hit the stone floor and disappear. I glanced back at her, seeing her eyes flash in anger at me. I quickly stood up, standing my ground.

"I'm done working for you, Aphro. I won't kill anymore."

She paused. " You sure about that?"

"Positive," I growled. I was on my toes, watching her hands in case she tried to attack me again. I silently cursed myself for leaving the gun in my glovebox.

"Is that a promise?" A slow grin spread on her face as she spoke. "You'd better check in with Julian first before you make another promise you can't keep."

I froze.

"What?"

Her smile never faltered as she shot another funnel of smoke towards me. I tried to sidestep, but it latched around my ankle and I hit the ground. I felt a sharp pinch on my back, feeling another stitch rip. The side of my head knocked against the ground,  and my sight went black for a second.

Fuck.

I pushed myself up onto my knees, looking at the ground underneath me to see a drop of blood. 

I saw her step towards me out of the corner of my eye, and I pushed through my vision and managed to latch onto the edge of her dress. I yanked as hard as I could, seeing her hit the ground next to me.

"You mother -"

She snarled, and her eyes deepened from orange to red. She was on top of me instantly, making the back of my head knock against the ground again. Her hands wrapped around my neck, squeezing with impossible strength. 

My vision went hazy, and I pushed at her to loosen her grip on my neck.

She leaned towards me, her eyes blazing.

"You think you can kill me?" She said in my ear. 

Her hands left my neck, and I sucked in air through my mouth. She grabbed my chin with one hand, forcing me to look at her. Her long nails dug into my skin.

"Do you want to die, Reece?" I looked to see her holding a small knife up to my neck, the edge of the blade stinging my skin. 

I panted for air, glaring at her crimson eyes. A small trail of blood ran down her forehead, but it was a deep wine color, almost black.

"Tell me why I shouldn't kill you this second and rip your throat out." She leaned towards me, only inches away from my face now. 

I watched her eyes scan my face, seeing her pupils widen.

"You can always work for me in other ways, Reece."

A wave of disgust washed over me as she grinned.

I grabbed her knife and shoved her off of me, getting on top of her. I dug my knee into her stomach to hold her down, and wrapped one hand around her throat, still holding the knife in my hand.

"Ooh," she said with a playful look on her face. "I like it rough."

What the hell is wrong with this bitch?

"Shut the fuck up," I spat, squeezing her neck. Her eyes widened slightly from the lack of air. "I will kill you."

She suddenly smiled.

"Go ahead." 

I paused, not letting my guard down. 

I knew what she was doing. 

She was playing with my head. She would never let me kill her willingly.

I dug the knife into her neck.

"What are you not telling me?" I growled through my teeth, leaning forward.

Her eyes glinted at me, and I knew I'd hit my mark. She smiled up at me, and I loosened my grip on her neck so she could speak.

"I have no idea what you're -"

"Oh, shut it, bitch."

Her expression changed, and I saw her eye twitch.

I definitely pushed a button.

"Julian has your... swine," she said bitterly, every word dripping with pure hatred.

My body froze. My mind raced.

Adrianne

No.

I turned on her, digging the knife deeper into her skin. I could feel my blood boiling.

"Where is she!?" I seethed.

She smiled up at me, despite the lack of oxygen going to her brain. 

"You won't kill me," she said.

I put the knife under her chin, forcing her jaw up.

"Where is she?!" I repeated.

"Wherever Julian likes to play with his food," she spat back up at me.

Another wave of anger hit me as I thought of him hurting her.

I promised he wouldn't.

I looked back down at Aphro before yanking the knife away from her. 

Aphro was a distraction. So that he could get to Adrianne and I wouldn't even know. That way Aphro could kill me while he did whatever he wanted to Adrianne.

I stood up, looking down at her.

"If I ever see you again, I will kill you in the worst way possible."

I stepped around her, heading towards the door.

"Reece!"

I stopped at the doorway and looked back, seeing Aphro leaning over on the ground. She looked up at me in anger.

"You can't protect her forever."

I paused. "Then I'll die trying." 

I turned, pushing open the large door at the end of the room.

"If you leave, you have no more protection from The Order."

I stopped, my hand still holding the door open. I glanced back at her, seeing her now standing. There was a look of pure anger etched on her face, her upper lip curled back.

"Good."

I turned, leaving my past and Aphro's angry screams behind me.

_________

There's only a few more chapters left, and I want to cry 😭😭😭😭

This story has opened up my eyes to realize how much I love writing. It means so much that you take the time to read what I publish. Thank you! ❤

I also have a surprise for you guys, so stay tuned!!! 😏

Please vote & comment!! Love ya