Chapter 52: Part 2

Erica

Joy. Songs. Giggles and Love.

A few things that I had been missing all my life and now, today on my wedding day it was all there. In the middle of the stage where me and Ethan were standing with all our friends and familes dancing and singing around us in a circle. I couldn't believe this was all reality and not my dream.

From the corner of my eyes I caught an old pair, probably in their seventies, in a far corner. As soon as they saw me watching them they shifted their gazes. I had never seen them before. But thinking them to be Ethan's relatives, I let go.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the newly weds to dance. Lets welcome them.. " Alex announced clapping her hands. Everyone cheered for us. We walked to the center of the stage and soft music began to play. Ethan's hands were on my waist and mine around his neck. We were simply staring in each other's eyes. All I could see was love and adoration in them for me. I was truly lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

All of a sudden the music changed and Ethan spun me around before crashing me in his chest. I caught his arms firmly and we continued dancing to the slow beats.

Again I saw the same old couple watching us. They had a huge smile on their face. Almost in tears. Tears of joy though.

"What are you thinking?" Ethan asked sensing my confusion.

"There's a couple, old couple out there. They have been staring at me the entire time. Do you know them?" I asked. I saw him slowly turn back to look at the couple. They smiled at Ethan and he smiled back at them.

"You know them?" I asked. Though it was obvious now.

"Come." He said and pulled me towards them.

As soon as we went there the lady hugged me and I felt her shaking... Was she crying? I awkwardly hugged her back.

"Ma'am please don't cry. I.. Ethan.." I turned to him for help but he was just eyeing us with a smile plastered on his face.

"You look so beautiful, dear." The lady said wiping her tears.

"I am sorry but I don't think we have met before." I said unsure.

"No we haven't. But I feel like I know you from a long time back." The old man said. The woman stepped back and the man placed one of his amrs around her shoulder taking her closer.

"Erica.. This is Susan " He gestured towards the lady and then towards the man,"... And this is James. Mr. and Mrs.... Williams. Your maternal grandparents." My neck snapped so fast towards him that I almost broke it.

"What? You got to be kidding me."

"Erica,baby.. "

"My grandparents? You mean they are my mother's parents?" I asked disbelievingly. I wasn't sure how to react to the news. I didn't even know they would be here to see him.

"I know this is all new to you, but they wanted to meet you. What could be better than them being here on our wedding day to bless us?" He said.

I stayed silent.

"We came to meet you child. I never knew that my Caroline had such a beautiful daughter. So beautiful, just like her. Same eyes and same smile. I never got to see her in a wedding gown but you.. Look at you.. So beautiful." The lady... My grandma said with tears in her eyes. I felt myself get teared up as well.

I was glad that Ethan was here with me to comfort me and to wipe my tears. He held me close like he knew that I needed him with me.

"Why.. Why all of a sudden? Why didn't you come when I had no one with me? Why didn't you come and take me with you when I used to stay alone waiting for Dad to come visit me? Why?" I asked them the one question bothering me.