Chapter Eleven

You didn't leave your username but I very much appreciate this beautiful banner Priyanka!

If you would like to send in your banners for a special mention my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1818

~Alaya

"You're lying."

"Does it look like I'm lying?"

Sky's eyes drag down my dress deliberately, her hand covering her mouth as if I can't see the shock. The dress arrived the day after my invitation did, ready to the party tonight. I decided to open up to Sky for advice. There is no way I would be able make the decision on whether to go or not by myself.

I hand the invitation to Sky, and her mouth fell open further. "How? You said you never applied...Did you go to the information centre?"

"Of course," I say flatly. "This is the third year Sky. The problem is, I can't remember what happened at any of the parties past a certain point. I'm not even sure how I got back to my bed, if I was even in control of that."

"Well you have to go to at least find out why-"

"As far as my memory serves, that's what I did last time, and evidently, it didn't work," I cut Sky off.

I've been trying to get rid of this curse that has seemed to have settled over my life since the first party. Everytime I try figure out why, something else gets in my way. My boss fired me the day after I came to him for advice about the money. My banker says there is no way to trace who sent me the money, however, something tells me he does know.

But I have evidence. And I doubt I ever will.

"You say this A person has been leaving notes? Take this to the information centre, and show the people there. They can't ignore the fact that some creepy person has been leaving you little notes. You go there, and you threaten them, and you don't leave until you talk to someone of higher authorisation," Sky demands.

"Who would listen?" I growl. "You want me at Asher's doorstep asking him?"

Sky takes a moment to answer. "He's the one who holds the party. If anyone can figure who could have the ability to do this, it's him."

"He's the Alpha, Sky, the Alpha. There's no way I could even get in contact with him, let alone near him. No one has even seen him for years. He stays locked up in his palace on the hill, and I don't think something like this is going to draw him out," I remind her.

"Could you please, at least, go to the information centre. I can't see any other way you're going to find out who is leaving these notes on the backs to the invitation.
Sky had no idea that this won't work. But right now, it doesn't seem like I have another choice.

***

The little bell above the door tinkles as I walk in. Crisp air bites at my skin with familiarity, coming from the conditioner mounted on the wall above the reception area. I'm assuming I will see Miss Bell, having to explain to that irritating woman what I did last time. This time, I won't leave until something makes sense.

I'm surprised to see Miss Bell isn't there. Her seat has been taken by a slender man, who props his feet up on the desk, leaning back casually. His hair is a strange inkish blue, however, I immediately pass it off. Dyed hair is a trend hair.

It's the way he looks at me, that makes me nervous.

His eyes are dark and impassive, watching me attentively. I should have waited in the other line, behind a man who was being served. But that would give this other man, without a name tag, the satisfaction of knowing I was too afraid to be served by him.