3

I entered the girl's locker room which was located in the gym with Kayla beside of me.

Other girls on the cheer-team were already inside dressing out into their work out clothes for practice.

I went over to my locker and twisted in my code, while Kayla did the same since her locker was right next to mine.

"So whats the plans for this weekend?" I asked her.

I refused to spend another weekend at home with nothing to do. I hadn't been going places in a while because I was always busy with school, homework, practice, and taking care of stuff around the house.

I was ready to go out and do the things I used to do again. That consisted on going places, partying, hanging out with my friends, and getting drunk.

"Ariyah's having a pool party friday. I was thinking we should go" Kayla suggested as I pulled out my gym clothes.

I gave her a look.

"Ariyah? That girl doesn't like me"

"Sure she does. She calls you pretty and compliments you all the time" She told me.

"Girl, don't fall for her fake shit. She talks about all of us behind our backs" I said pulling off my school shirt.

"Half of everyone talks about everyone behind their backs. Its a human thing"

I scoffed and put on my sports bra. I've known Ariyah since elementary school and me and that girl had beef since first grade.

We both wanted to be better than one another at everything we did. I threw a birthday party, she threw a bigger birthday party. I brought candy in for the class- she brought candy, chips, juice, soda and toys in for the class. I brought the new Jordans that had just came out- she brought the same exact ones.

She was always just in competition with me.

But that was back in the old days. She claimed she squashed the beef with me, but I still wasn't feeling her.

I wasn't too fond to making friends with the enemy.

I finally slid on my gym shorts and my shoes I wore specifically for gym and practice, then shoved my school clothes into my locker as well as my Iphone.

I made sure that I put on some deodorant because unlike most of the girls in this locker room, I wanted to not smell like onions during and after practice.

"I say we just go. Besides, I want to show off my new bikini I got from Pink" Kayla smirked slamming her locker.

"I'll see" I told her as we exited the locker room.

We had been an hour into practice and I was extremely tired. I rested on the grass lead along with other girls while my coach shouted about how needed to get it together.

Over on the track, the track team members practiced as well, sprinting up and down the track.

Usually the football team would be out here practicing as well but luckily for them, their coach cancelled on them today.

I decided to get up and go get a drink of water because was I was feeling very dehydrated being out in this hot sun for an whole hour. I then picked myself up off the ground and dusted off the back of my shorts.

As im walking towards the water fountain, I notice someone sitting at the top of the bleachers. They were the only one up there and they wore a hoodie over their head.

On their lap was a notebook, and in their hand was a pen they used to write in the notebook.

As I got closer I noticed it was Jahseh.

I didn't even know he would be attending to the same school as me. I guess I should've known since he lived literally right next door to me.

It was strange though because I hadn't seen him around campus once today.

I was staring at him really hard and didn't even notice he was looking right at me. The black hoodie he wore, hid most of his face.

I quickly looked away and went over to the rusty water fountains. Kneeling down a bit, I pressed the silver handle down until water began to shoot up. I took a couple of sips of the warm water, then stood up and wiped my mouth.

I then headed back over to the field where the girls were resuming their positions.