Epilogue

A Year Later

I would like to say that my shift into power was easy, but it wasn't. I had to endure challenge after challenge from various warriors from all the districts. Some fights were hard, leaving deep scars that my wolf and I still wear proudly today - but we did it. 

I like to think that we proved to everyone that we were worthy of the Alpha title, but I am sure there is some chauvinist pig out there who still doubts me. I am just glad that I had Larson and my family to back me up. 

With them standing behind me, I was able to lead this back with love - not the fear it was based on. Although I still demanded respect, I returned it too. I removed Colton's barbaric laws of abuse. I stopped the children from training at such a young age and gave them back their childhood.

Happiness returned to the entire pack. Well, to almost everyone. 

I could never truly be happy. Without my mate, without Theo, I felt empty. Alone. And it hurt. 

Sure, I have Larson, my father and my mother, but it just never made me feel complete. 

That is, until that one, fateful day. I was sitting at a lake on my territory, admiring the way the sun danced on the smooth surface. Ailith was antsy in my head about something and in turn, it made me on edge too. I didn't know why, but I felt excitement throughout my entire being. 

It wasn't until a wonderful scent of sea salt and caramel entered my nostrils. My wolf urged me to follow it and it definitely didn't take much convincing. 

I swiftly followed the scent outside of my border, mind-linking Larson to tell him that I was investigating something in the process. It wasn't long before my gaze landed on a man. 

His skin was tanned from the early spring sun. His hair was a sun-kissed, light brown and his eyes were an ice blue. He was...beautiful. 

I heard him whisper 'mate', the word making me shiver in delight. 

We slowly stepped closer to one another until we were only inches apart. He slowly and carefully reached a hand to my cheek, touching it ever so softly. It sent warm sparks all throughout my body and I found myself leaning into his touch with a smile. 

My heart opened that day when I found my second chance. I finally felt something that I never could feel with Colton. Something stronger than I ever felt with Theo. Something I truly never felt before. 

It was love. And not just any love. It was a love that made me feel at home for once in my Goddess-forsaken life. 

It was a love that was so strong and so needed, that I felt myself finally be free. 

It was beautiful. He was beautiful. He looked at me with so much affection in his eyes and I did my best to emulate the same. 

And that leaves me where I am today. A mate that fits any fairy tale you have ever heard stands at my side. A pup slowly forms in my belly. And a happy ending finally begins to play out. 

I am finally happy. 

I am so fucking glad that I didn't give in.