30. Bird Friendly.

"Where'd Roy go..." Robin trailed off, his eyes fixed on the door.

"Oh," Wally followed his gaze. "He left when Batman stormed off."

"Okay," The bird shut his eyes for a moment, taking in a shaky breath of oxygen only to groan, his eyes open again as he looked at his awkwardly silent friends about to ask what was wrong.

"Hey Rob," The speedster called out, out of nowhere, already by the little bat's side. "You bored?"

"Yeah." The thirteen year old smiled at his best friend. "But I don't think I can leave this room...."

At this M'gaan perked up. "Batman said you can't leave without the oxygen mask, so-"

"Don't encourage him." Artemis snapped.

"I... I just wanted to help." M'gaan replied quietly next to Conner.

"Well don't be so happy about it." The archer huffed.

"I just..." The Martian girl hid her frame behind the kryptonian boy who glared daggers at Artemis, her shoulders slumped and gaze downcast.

"Okay guys, let's all chill." Wally sped to Artemis' side and put one arm round her. "Babe, M'gaan was just trying to lighten the mood, do you think all this arguing is good for Robin's health?"

"Though, Artemis is correct." Kaldur pointed out. "It would be bad if something unexpected happened if he wasn't here in the infirmary, so it's best not to leave."

"Guys, I'm fine," Robin spoke up, one hand on his torso. "Really, as long as I have the oxygen I'll be fine..." The series of coughs he let out and the gasping he proceeded to do, did nothing to affirm his statement.

Sharing looks, the team turned to the bedridden hero, Wally only disturbing the creepy silence by having Artemis shove him off her and unto the floor. "It's settled," Kaldur said authoritatively, much to the bird's unending horror. "Till Batman returns you will not leave."

"Ugh," Robin groaned, frustrated. "You guys are killing me."

"No," M'gaan floated over to him and patted his head. "We're stopping your destructive tendencies."

"Alright!" Artemis announced. "Time to make this place bird friendly."

"Really?" Wally got off the ground, dusting imaginary dirt of his shoulders. "Is that really a thing?"

The team pondered on how to make the room comfortable for the sick boy. "Comfortable and safe." M'gaan reminded her friends with emphasis.

"And fun." Wally added.

"Let's make stuff plastic." Conner spoke up, sounding sort of confused. "Like the floor, so he doesn't get hurt if he falls?"

The room descended into a decisive silence till Artemis snapped her fingers. "That's not a bad idea." she nodded. "Kaldur?"

"It could work," Aqualad said thoughtfully. "After all, floors are tricky to walk on."

"Someone write this down." Wally announced.

"On it!" M'gaan levitated the paper and pen next to the dispenser towards her, eagerly scribbling away. "Should we play games?"

Wally was immediately by her side. "Anything you want beautiful."

"Okay, but nothing stressful." She added, as Artemis and Kaldur discussed other things. "Conner, can you please bring all the board games we have on the mountain?" The green skinned girl asked the awkwardly placed kryptonian.

"Yeah." He said with a curt nod, grateful for something to do.

"Great!" M'gaan beamed at him.

Robin on the other hand was just wishing he could disappear, he doubted they'd let him though, he felt their eyes run over him periodically, if he so much as moved his finger they would know. He really didn't want them worrying like this—though they seemed to be having fun doing it—and he just felt caged, he couldn't go anywhere just because he was sick.

But it isn't just any sickness. He thought with a frown. That's right, Batman was acting strange and so were Roy and Canary. They never looked me in the eye...

Robin almost had an heart attack when Wally appeared by his bed and the heart monitor showed it, though the hand he put to his chest was enough to freak his speedster friend out, Dick was in the mood to troll. "Jeez Wally, you scared me half to death." the bird said with a quirk of his lip, but seeing his friend's face turn unnaturally pale and all activity in the room cease at his words, Robin felt bad immediately.

"I'm just kidding!" He yelled with a childish roll of his eyes, though he could help but rub his chest slightly. "Sometimes, you guys act weird."

Just as Kaldur was about to speak, Conner walked into the room, dumping the ceiling reaching stack of games in his arms to the floor and picking up the one on top. "Hey, Rob," he said, waving the box in front of him. "What's monopoly?'

The bird looked up at the older teen, a wicked grin on his lips. "It's a game where you give me money."

Connor only looked confused. "Why would I give you money?"

"Don't worry big guy," Wally patted the kryptonian on the back. "Everyone has to give Robin money at one point in their lives."

Of course this statement did nothing to explain monopoly to Superman's clone so he turned to Kaldur who only shrugged.

"Oh, monopoly?!" The excitable Martian teen sent the box into her hands. "I've heard so much about this game!"

Artemis threw M'gaan a deadpan look as the Martian continued. "Except I don't know what it's about..?"

"You have fake money and force people into bankruptcy," Artemis rolled her eyes. "What's so special about that?"

Wally snickered, nudging Robin who groaned and spoke up. "It's because I always win."

"Really?!" M'gaan cried out, looking at Robin in adoration. "Teach me to play, please?"

Robin opened his mouth, about to tell her that he would, but Wally sped to her, arms crossed. "Of course he'll teach you, but for a price." the speedster winked suggestively as M'gaan frowned.

"A price?" She repeated.

"Yes, you- Hmpf." Before he could finish his sentence, Artemis kicked his shin, sending him to the floor.

"Shut it bay watch." She hissed just as Wally's hand reached for the ceiling.

"I feel so cold, I see a bright light..." He said, his eyes wide as he grasped into the intangible. Another kick from Artemis easily brought him back to reality. "Ow!"

Robin snickered at his best friend. "Maybe we should make this room kick repellant." This sent everyone laughing, everyone but the scowling archer who only scoffed. "I'm not laughing."

And this statement only served to make everyone laugh again, much to Artemis' displeasure.

-

Thank you for reaching this point, this is official the start of the continuation of A Sick Bird by HomicidalLunatic. I am super happy to be able to write this, and I really hope I don't ruin it.... Okay, question of the day, where is Roy?

Thanks so much for reading