Chapter 48

Voilà, the long awaited Chapter 48 of THC. It's not very long so I apologise for that but as promised there will be a new chapter next week. Please enjoy :).

Attached above is the song BTS- Spring Day which is one of my favourites at the moment.

Oh ya here is a bit of a recap for those returning months later. So basically Talia, Iver and Raoul are on holidays in Italy. Iver brings them to his villa outside Florence where all his family arrive to meet Raoul for the first time. Talia meets Venezia, Iver's mother, again but she also meets his sister Isabella and her son Marco. Talia soon realises that Iver lied to his family about them being in a relationship for the last five years. He never told them that they weren't on speaking terms. Meanwhile the rest of Iver's family arrive for a party and this chapter picks up towards the end of the party.

***********************

I collapsed on the couch with a sigh and quickly removed my high heels that were acting like torture devices for my poor feet. I swore to myself that would be the last time that I would ever wear 6 inch heels. I couldn't believe that I used to actually go out with my friends for an entire night of dancing in higher heels. My feet must have been made of steel. Now if I walk two metres down the street I get about ten blisters.

I discarded the heels and leaned back on the chair. The party was still going on around me but at this stage I couldn't care less. I needed a good cup of tea and an ice bath for my feet. I scanned the room and gazed at all of Iver's friends and family. How they weren't wrecked was beyond me, they had been here for at least 5 hours. Raoul, Marco and all the other younger cousins had gone to bed ages ago and I wish that I had gone with them.

Isabella, Iver's sister wandered over with two glasses of wine cradled in her hands. The wine sloshed against the sides due to her swaying. She flopped onto the couch beside me and handed me a glass without asking whether I wanted it or not. My eyes widened as I dodged the red wine that spilled from the glass and nearly onto my white culottes. That would have been a nightmare.

Isabella with flushed cheeks giggled at my reaction then threw her high heeled clad feet up onto the coffee table.

"Ah words can't describe how much I missed the wine!" Isabella sighed and sipped from her glass.

"I don't know how you lasted so long without it. I was back drinking as soon as I could!" I exclaimed. Had she really waited so long. It had been years since Marco was born.

"Oh no after Marco was born, you couldn't keep me away from the wine. After Loretta's birth I decided to breast feed so I had to wait a lot longer." I frowned in confusion, Iver never told me that his sister had another child.

"And where is Loretta now?" I asked.

Isabella giggled once again and sipped her wine, "At home with the husband. You'll get to see her at the christening though in two weeks. I'm sure you'll see her before then though."

"The Christening?" I questioned while raising an eyebrow.

"Did Iver not mention it? He promised that you would both be there almost a week ago. We are having a get together at our house after" she explained while removing her legs from the table and crossing them.

"Of course we will be there. I'm sure Raoul would love to see you all again and meet the rest of the family." I said while smiling reassuringly.

"And you?" she asked quickly.

"Hmm?"

"Are you looking forward to seeing us again and meeting everyone else?"

I sipped my wine before replying, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."