Blue Eyes

Harry's POV

I waited patiently, leaned against the car as the plane landed and I watched for Niall to emerge. I was excited to see him, to show him Lily Ridge and hopefully hear some of his new music. He and I had always been close, and I knew that he was one of the only people on earth who truly understood my career and the pressures that came with it.

A few minutes later, his goofy Irish grin emerged from the plane as he strode over to me, throwing his arms around me as we greeted each other.

"Styles, you handsome bastard!" He smiled as he pulled away and looked at me, admiring my shorter hair in person for the first time since I'd cut it. "I almost forgot what your ears looked like."

"Good to see you, mate. I missed you." I smiled as I playfully smacked the side of his face.

"Looks like, sent me the private plane. Feels like some special treatment." He laughed as I took his bags and threw them into the back seat as we both climbed into the car.

"I had to. There's no major airport around here and I didn't want my location getting out." I replied as I turned on the car and made my way from the air strip.

"Quite the mysterious life you've got going on up here." Niall smirked as he looked out the window as we drove down the highway. "Holy shit, this place is beautiful."

"Just wait, Hails is gonna help me show you some sick places." I smiled, excited to share some of the places I'd seen with him.

"Hails, huh?" He smiled as he reached over and nudged me. "Alright, let's go. Fill me in."

"On what?"

"All of it, this chick, what you've been doing up here, your album, this project. Give me the low down on what the hell you've been up to, starting with Miss Blue Eyes."

"Did I tell you her eyes were blue?"

"Only about seven times."

"I don't talk about her that much, do I? I haven't even talked to you that much!" I defended.

"Exactly." He laughed. "We've had like three conversations and I've heard that she's got these amazing blue eyes about seven times."

"Well, to be fair, she does." I laughed.

"I think we've established that." He rolled his eyes. "So, are you two together? Do I get to meet her?"

"I think she's gonna come over a bit later. She's gonna take us on some hikes when she's not working, besides we'll be pretty busy with that other thing I need you to help me with, I need to get it done ASAP."

"Yeah, I know you explained all that on the phone. But you didn't answer my question, are you guys a thing?" He smirked.

"I don't know what we are, if I'm honest." I sighed. "It's complicated. You know I don't have the best record with having to leave for work."

"True, but I don't think I've ever heard you talk about a girl this much." He shrugged. "You seem to really like her."

"I do. But we both know it's just not that simple."

"Ain't that the truth." He sighed.

"See, I knew you'd get it." I smiled as I reached over and shook his shoulder. "I'm glad you're here, mate."

"Me too." He smiled.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet, we chatted here and there about various things, but I was mostly lost in thoughts of Hailey and Niall was busy taking in the views out the window. About 20 minutes later we were back in Lily Ridge and I watched as Niall's eyes took it all in. He watched the people mulling around and going on about their day, just as I had that first day I'd arrived, and I smiled to myself as I watched.