Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen : You're My Little Troublesome Mate

~ Laurin's P.O.V~

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself wrapped  in someone's arms. I looked up and saw a sleeping Alex. I decided to wake him up.

By scaring him of course.

I took a breath and let out a loud scream. Alex bolted up and growled. I laughed my head off and he turned to me once he realized there was no danger.

" Not funny " He growled.
" Yes it was " I said with a smile.
" Ugh " Alex whinnied as he lied back down beside me.

He wrapped his arms around me again and lied down.

" Alex get up! " I yelled.
" Five more minutes " He whined.
" Fine " I sighed.

Slowly my eyes closed and sleep took over

--------------------

" GET YOUR LAZY BUTTS UP! " Someone yelled.

I quickly sat up and saw Nick, Abigail, Faith and Ryder standing at the door.

" Why? " Alex asked annoyed.
" You know why " Faith replied.
" Why? " I asked confused.
" We're going to visit " Abigail said sadly.

I knew what she meant. I had missed Darrick's burial, she said they were going to take me to his grave.

" Ok " I sighed.
" Meet us in the car " Nick said.

They all left and I hopped out of bed.

" You ok? " Alex asked.
" I guess " I replied.

I did my normal routine stuff and then walked to the closet. I picked out a black dress and a pair of black heels. I went to the washroom and put on the outfit. As I walked out a pair of arms rapped around me. Again.

" Beautiful " Alex mumbled.
" Thanks " I said quietly.

He gave me a quick kiss and we walked outside. I looked and saw everyone sitting in the car. Me and Alex walked over and hopped in the back.

" You ok? " Abigail asked me.
" Yeah " I said with a nod.

Nick started the car and drove off. I looked out the window and stared around. Everywhere I looked, you could either see children running around happily, people jumping around in their wolf form, or just people laughing and talking to each other.

This is my home.

————————

I walked over to the lady at the desk.

" Can I get a dozen roses? " I asked.
" Sure thing " She replied.

I watched as she walked into a room and came out with a dozen roses in her hands. I went to hand her the twenty dollar bill but she pushed my hand away.

" Its on me " She said with a smile as she handed me the flowers.
" Thank you " I smiled.
" Anytime dearie " She replied.

I walked out and followed everyone to Darrick's grave. I sat down next to it and read the tombstone.

Darrick Jones Williams.
Loving Mate, Best friend, Family.
March 15 1988 - May 27 2017.

A silent tear rolled down my cheek. I carefully placed the flowers beside the others that were already there.

I knew he wouldn't have wanted me to go kill the King but I had to do it. I would never just let Darrick die, even if he thought be deserved it. Darrick was a good guy. Everyone makes mistakes but he payed for his in a cruel way.

I silently sobbed at the loss of my best friend. I had lost so many people that I loved, and now he was gone too.

An arm pulled me into a hug. By the sparks I could tell it was Alex. I sobbed into his chest as he tried to call me down. After a few minutes, my sobs turned into cries and then into sniffles.

" I'm sorry " He whispered.
" It's not your fault " I said.
" I'm here for Laurin " He promised.
" I know you are " I replied.

Alex put his arm around my shoulders and we all made our way back to the car.

------------------------

" I'm glad you're ok " Alex said quietly as he sat down beside me.
" I had to go do it " I whispered.
" I know but I was just so worried about you " He replied as he looked at the ground

I moved closer to him and made him look at me.

" I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere " I promised.

Alex pulled me into a hug and I smiled.

" I could never leave you Alex. You're my mate" I said.

" And you're my little troublesome mate "

THE END!

Just kidding. I'm going to do an epilogue. BUT THEN it's the end