Imagine 9 (Accident)

AN: This imagine was requested on here by  @Mae187 ! Hope you all enjoy! <3

It had been a super stressful day at work. Your boss was getting on your case more and more about finalizing the article you've been working on for weeks now. She had good reason to though, your article was going to be on the front cover of The New York Times. It needed to get done within the next week or else you would lose your shot at finally having your work published after years of trying.

To relieve some stress and possibly make writing a bit easier, you decided to head to a bar that was near your apartment on the way home.

Time went on and so did the drinks.

'Just one more.' You kept telling yourself.

Soon, before you knew it you were beyond wasted.

The good thing though was that you weren't driving. You were already pretty close to your apartment to begin with so all you needed to do was walk home. That shouldn't have been too hard right?

You were stumbling quite a bit but it wasn't anything you haven't dealt with before. You walked 2 more blocks until it was time to cross the street to get to your apartment complex.

You hazily looked both ways before attempting to cross the street. At first you didn't see see anything coming but suddenly, out of nowhere, a pair of lights started to get closer and closer to you.

You didn't feel much pain after the car hit you. All you knew was that you were on the other side of the street.

It's hard for you to remember exactly what happened that night. The combination of alcohol and a concussion didn't really mix well together.

For some reason, out of everything, you remember seeing a man look over you, frantically asking if you were okay. You remember his clean, tailored suit and his gleaming green eyes.

After that, you must've passed out because you woke up the next morning (or so you thought) in a hospital bed.

Although you didn't feel any pain when you were first hit, you were definitely feeling it now. Your arm was bandaged along with your head and then leg in a cast. Those were just some of the major injuries you had. There were tons of scrapes and bruises all over your body that hurt like hell. You weren't sure how you managed to survive.

'What am I supposed to do now? Just lay here and vegetate?' You thought to yourself.

--------------------1 hour time skip---------------------------------

"Oh! You're finally awake!" The doctor said as he walked into the room.

"What? What do you mean? How long have I been asleep for?" You asked frantically, thinking it had been years or something.

"Just about a week now."

You instantly thought back to your job and your boss.

'Shit, I'm so getting fired.' You thought to yourself.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard the doctor speak again.

"Well now that you're up, I can go tell your visitor that he can come in and see you. He's been the only one coming in here to check on you. You're so lucky to have such a great boyfriend."

After that the doctor walked out of the room and you were left alone with your thoughts again.

"Boyfriend...I don't have a-"

Your voice was cut off when you saw a man walk into the room. He looked familiar but you weren't sure why. He had slicked back, brown hair and enticing green eyes.

"Uh hi...this is kind of awkward." He said as he pulled a chair next to the bed.

"I just wanted to sa-" The man continued to say before you cut him off.

"Wait, who are you?"

The man looked almost hurt that you didn't recognize him right away.

"You're saying you don't remember me?" He asked in confusion.

"What? How could I? Who are you?" You asked more annoyed this time.

He paused for a minute, like he didn't want to tell you who he was.

"I'm Rafael Barba...the man who hit you with his car."

"The feeling of anger flowed into your body.

"I take it you're here to apologize then."

"Uh yes, I am deeply sorry for what happened."

"An apology can't heal my broken bones and scraped up body." You said under your breath.

You hoped he didn't hear that but at the same time you wanted to scream it at him.

There was silence for a couple of minutes, while you both decided what to say next.

"So, the doctor told me that you've been the only one who visited me this whole time."

There was another awkward silence after you said that.

"Well, Is it true?" You asked impatiently.

"Yes I am. I asked the doctor a few times if anyone else came to visit you and he told me that no one else did."

You stayed quiet again. This time the feeling of anger was replaced with more confusion and sadness.

"So, my boss, family or friends never came to see me? You're absolutely sure you're the only one?" You asked, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Yes." He said again.

You began to see the sincerity in his eyes as he spoke. You had doubts but at the same time, why would he lie about that? What would he gain from it?

"One more question." You said to Rafael.

"Yes?"

"Why did the doctor say you were my boyfriend?"

You could see Rafael blushing after you asked him this.

"Well, they said only family and loved ones could visit you so I panicked and said that you were my girlfriend."

You laughed a little bit and continued to have a conversation with him.

A couple of more hours went by. You and Rafael just talked to each other about almost everything.

"Oh, I forgot to ask. Do you know when I'm getting out of here? I'm already sick of this room." You asked Rafael in hopes that he would somehow know.

"I believe you should be getting out tomorrow." He said happily.

"Why do you sound so happy? I mean this doesn't really affect you."

"Well, I'm just happy that you're alive and okay."

You smiled and let out a small laugh after he said this.

"Do you believe in love at first sight (Y/N)?" Rafael randomly blurted out.

"I guess it depends. Why?"

"Ah, no reason. Just forget I even said anything. It was a stupid question. Anyways, I have permission from the doctor to take care of you until you're fully healed. I mean if that's okay with you."

"Uh, yeah sure. I guess that works since no one else came to check on me." You said with a small smile.

For some reason, the thought of staying with Rafael for a couple of weeks gave you butterflies like you were a little kid that was scared to talk to their crush.

'Why though? This is the same man who hit you with his car! You can't  be catching feelings for him.'

But you already had.